Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College fees!!!

Options
  • 10-11-2005 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello.
    I am currently studying for me leavin cert an plan to go to college.Im 18,i have a bank account wit Permanent TSB.I also have an account in the credit union,but no money in that account.I plan to go to a private Business school (DBS)next year.I am working towards gettin a scholarship but would like some advice on gettind a college loan in case the scholarship falls flat on its face :eek:
    Please can u put me at ease,cause its freaking me out,and its pressure i dont need at this important time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

You could get a loan but you'll have to put your parents down as guarantors. That means if you can't pay it your parents are responsible.

If you work for the summer you could save up a fair bit of money so you'd only have to get a loan for half the fees say. Or if you can pay in 2 installments you could use the money from your summer job to pay the first installment and then work up to and during the xmas holidays for the 2nd installment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Why not eliminate fees by going to a non-private college and getting you fees paid by the government. Fact is you will probably go on to a post-grad which you will have to pay for aswell so it could all turn out very pricey. Have you considerd this?

Advertisement