Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting EPS to Jpeg in Photoshop

Options
  • 10-11-2005 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I have the tedious task of converting over 2500 EPS to jpeg for a web-based catalog. I know you can create an action for this but having never done it before, any help would be appreciated. I would like to action to open up an eps and convert it using the same file name with just the extension changing e.g. from 12345.eps to 12345.jpg. And for the program to automatically select the next eps to be converted and not to keep converting the same eps over and over...Is this possible

Anyone???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Create an input folder and an output folder on the desktop (or elsewhere).
    Copy the files you want to convert into the Input folder

Open Photoshop.
    Select window – actions.
    Click on the sodeways pointing triangle and in the drop down menu select New Set.
    Type your title in the dialogue box and click OK.

You will see your title highlit

Click on the triangle again and select new action.
    Another box appears. Type in a title and enter to record.
    You will see a little red dot to show that the program is recording

Go to File – open and navivgate to the input folder

Now go to the input folder and select an .eps file.

When the file is open just do whatever you want to do (in your case save as xxx.jpg)
    When saved close the file .

Now for the glitchy part. YOU MUST go to the input folder and delete the saved .jpg file otherwise the action will open files and save to the one you converted.

Now go back to the Actions palette and click on the black square to stop the recorder.

The fun part:
    Go to File – automate –batch

A palette will open up.

Type in the Set – action – source.

Source will be folder

Click on choose and navigate to your Input folder.
    Click on over ride…

Click on “Destination” and select “folder

Navigate to your OUTPUT folder

Select override…
    Click on Enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you have adobe illustrator here's how you do it:

Create an action for the process you want. There may be a preset action for this task though so check out your actions window - window->actions. Once you have that working on a seperate eps then you can use batch mode like Photoshops batch mode. Check out the preferences on the action window dropdown menu and select batch.

Check these two things out and if you want to go down this route and still can't figure it out (unless previous or post links have sufficed) then get back to us.

edit - ok Heinrich explained it much better than me! I forgot you could open eps in Photoshop.

Advertisement