Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Radcliffe

Options
  • 10-11-2005 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

he is so hot i absolutly adore him, i think hes a ledgend and my god i adore the books. Rupert Grint or Ron Wesley is my all time fav!!!!!! I CANT wait for the new movie!!!!!! it will be fab:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

You can't be more than twelve and still think he's good looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

he's a ****ing wankstain, "i'm so happy for the fans" is his fecking catch phrase, he's got as much balls inside him as a neutered poodle, what a limp dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I gotta tell ya, I'm jealous. He could pay off my credit union with the money he loses in his washing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Eva24

I don't like him.:(
    I don't need to elaborate.:mad:
    If I did It would be completely censured.;)
    When will he go away?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

he was such a dork on johnathan ross the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It's the smile that irritates me! I mean, does anyone actually smile like that? Oh and I thought his acting in the first film was almost unwatchable, I hate when people speak slowly with loads of pauses! "Are you..... trying to say..... that..... Voldemort... wants to.... kill....
    ........ me?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

I dont' see why people dont' like him. I think he does relatively well for the character, for his age...

The boy can't act that's why we don't like him.
    Realtively well, for the character for his age? How is that a good thing?
    The character is simple enough to play, he's black and white, good and evil, not too bright kinda guy. And for his age? Maybe that was applicable for the first film when he was about 13. But he's sixteen now and still can't act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Outcast wrote:
    The boy can't act that's why we don't like him.
    Realtively well, for the character for his age? How is that a good thing?
    The character is simple enough to play, he's black and white, good and evil, not too bright kinda guy. And for his age? Maybe that was applicable for the first film when he was about 13. But he's sixteen now and still can't act
    I would really like to see you do any better yourself, it is not easy to act on a movie, esp when you know that millions of people will watch your performance and some of them will spend many wasted hours bitching on messageboards because they are simply jealous that they couldnt be successful actors themselves.

Personaly, I think Daniel is a pretty decent actor as are the rest of the cast. Yeah they can be dorks off the set, but why care, it is not like they are going out of there way to annoy you. I think that they should have used Sir Ian McKellen to replace Harris and even though I dont think that Harris is particularly good at playing Dumbledore it wont stop me enjoying the rest of the film.

The only other thing that needs to change is the general mood, it needs to me made darker, give those evil characters more "evil", If they give it a 16s then fine by me, I will still see it (and have the benefit of having fewer annoying children talking and using there phones in the cinema).

Sorry if I offended you, but I am sick of people slagging Daniel for his acting skills, it is not easy to do and he deserves some credit for what is clearly hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I would really like to see you do any better yourself, it is not easy to act on a movie, esp when you know that millions of people will watch your performance and some of them will spend many wasted hours bitching on messageboards because they are simply jealous that they couldnt be successful actors themselves.

I don't really give a toss about this guy, not too fond of him but comments like that are the basis of a sh*t argument. He is paid (and paid very very well) to act, he can't act. We (the public) pay to go and see his films and if he can't act we are allowed to say so regardless of whether or not we can act ourselves. It simply does not matter one bit.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I wouldn't claim to be able to do better neccesarily (especially considering I'm female) but there are plenty of people who could and thus one of them should have been chosen.

And it's pretty rich of you to assume that my life is so pathetically unfulfilling that I'm jealous because I'm not a successful actor. And if hours spent here are so wasted why don't you go away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Play nice please.

:v: :v: wakka wakka

Dr J wrote:
    ...comments like that are the basis of a sh*t argument. He is paid (and paid very very well) to act, he can't act. We (the public) pay to go and see his films and if he can't act we are allowed to say so regardless of whether or not we can act ourselves. It simply does not matter one bit.
    Okay, I respect your opinion, but my argument is not sh*t, it is just biased. I would love to be an actor and make millions, but I know that I could not act for beans so I feel that those that can act, if only badly, should be given credit where credit is due, they tried and most of them are good. If you feel that the acting in a movie is so bad then just dont watch it, I wont watch a film that I dont like, whether it is the acting or the effect. You are not paying the actors to see them act, you are funding the studios by paying to watch their intellectual property, and TBH we are being ripped off. The only get a fraction of what the studios earn in the box office.
    Outcast wrote:
    And it's pretty rich of you to assume that my life is so pathetically unfulfilling that I'm jealous because I'm not a successful actor. And if hours spent here are so wasted why don't you go away?
    Sorry, I was just annoyed by the way you phrased your post, and I posted without thinking. I was not taking a personal stab at your life, and was not implying that your life is "so pathetically unfullfilling". You were just one of many people bashing Radcliff that I just had to say something in his defence.
    I just targeted you because you said "the boy cant act, thats why we hate him" and I felt that it made you sound rather narrow minded, to hate someone without knowing them. But before you start flaming me again it was just my opinion on the impression that you gave me and is not a personal attack on you.

As for "many wasted hours", while I may spend a large amount of time on boards.ie, I find it fun and slightly addictive, I do enjoy posting on the boards and dont consider my time wasted.

I said I didn't like him, as in I don't like him as an actor not that I have a personal vendetta and think he's a bad person.

I know, but I just got the wrong impression, perhaps it was just that I was tired. But then everyone is entitled to there opinions, and I dont have the right to say otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Roxy*

FINE! god, but rupert grint and his facial expressions, awwwwwwwwww sooo cute, i adore him.. yummy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Eva24

Roxy* wrote:
    FINE! god, but rupert grint and his facial expressions, awwwwwwwwww sooo cute, i adore him.. yummy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I always found his expressions to be, well gormless. a bit like david schmimmer in friends

He only HAS three facial expressions - the annoying lopsided grin, the gormless "I hate spiders!" scared look, and the stupid and confused expression, often with a mouthful of food. Why does Ron ALWAYS seem to have a mouthful of food? Did nobody teach him how to eat properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Just add Daniel Radcliffe to the list of actors who can't act but appeal to pre pubescent girls, right alongside Orlando Bloom. I, as an actor, always try to look for something positive in an actors performance and do my best to ignore their thespian shortcomings, I cannot do this with Orlando Bloom and Daniel Radcliffe, they both are truly awful actors with little presence. The worst of the two has to be Bloom though, the man supposedly trained at the Guildhall in London (one of the worlds premier acting schools), my question is, how did he pass the audition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

I gotta agree with that. Orlando Bloom and Daniel Radcliffe are cut from the same cloth.
    I didn't mind Bloom in LOTR *that* much, as he looks kinda elven, which is half the battle in that movie. In every other movie I've seen him, he plays exactly the same character.
    Radcliffe is appaling. I do indeed believe I could do better myself, although that's not the point. He's paid a fortune to act and he can't do it. Problem is, there's plenty of great things about the HP movies to entice me to watch them, regardless of the shocking unacting by the main character, so I can't just not go to see it cos I don't like him.
    What I will do, however - along with pretty much everyone else - is go and see the movies and complain about how useless an actor Radcliffe is.

• Advertisement

I see where you're coming from Laguna, however I don't see how Daniel Radcliffe can be classed as good looking in any sense of the word. I honestly don't see what anyone could see in him besides money and (relative) fame

Advertisement