Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner's Guide?

• 10-11-2005 12:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    I'm going to start to build myself up a eintertaiment system (TV, DVD, CD, record player etc).
    But I'm relatively new to the whole seperates thing.

Can anybody recomment a good guide anywhere online to explain how this is best done?
    I have limited knowledge - I know about RCA connections for example, but I'm looking for things sush as

What's the difference between digital and analogue? Not how they work, but what's the better/more common etc.
    When buying speakers, what is the default connection?
    What's important to look for when buying an amp?

You get my drift.

Any ideas? Unless people here would be happy to answer my mind-numbing questions...
    Cheers,

S.

/edit - also things like coxial, and "Component video" - what are the Y, Ca and Cr connections?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Hellooooooooo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I learned with a mix of www.avforums.com and google. Whenever I found something I didn't understand, just google it. Most guides I tried to read were either inaccurate, incomplete, trying to sell something or to simplified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

Pick up a copy of What HIFI Sound&Vision for €6!!

they have a buyers guide which will be a good starting place..

online you wont beat avforums!!

Advertisement