Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case law links?

Options
  • 10-11-2005 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Hi i ve been asked to write a paper on cybercrime for my law class.

"Critically discuss the extent to which the Criminal Damage Act 1991, the Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act 2001 and the European Convention on Cyber crime regulates criminal activity involving computers in Ireland."

I m looking for case law links in ireland or any source of court cases involving cyber crime in Ireland!

Sorry but i didnt see anywhere else to put this and i have googled all day!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Given the fact that you are doing commercial law I suppose that
    you already know these.

What books have you read- there is aa book on this subject already.

http://www.irishlaw.org/

http://www.ucc.ie/law/irlii/index.php

Have you not got nexis?

warm regards

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Given the fact that you are doing commercial law I suppose that
    you already know these.
    What books have you read- there is aa book on this subject already.
    Have you not got nexis?
    er? :confused:
    I m studying COMPUTING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT.
    Only got introduced Law this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

There are 3 or 4 books on this I know there is a book; IT law in the republic of Ireland look in the law section of your college library.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

British & Irish Legal Information Institute

www.bailii.org

Fantastic website and it's all free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Well these don't have irish case law but they do have english, american and EU law on the issue (I'd imagine EU is fairly relevant!). Also LexisNexis allows you to search newspaper articles which may point you towards cases. I won't give you the links as to get into these you have to be a subscriber. Your college probably is a subscriber (UCD certainly is) so follow something like external resources on your library site to get into them.

WestLaw
    LexisNexis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

If your library has "The independant law review" (the latest edition), the 2nd article in is all about getting legal info online. Its published by an Irish college.

Advertisement