Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our First War

Options
  • 10-11-2005 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

So there we were sitting in TS having a laugh when in drops one of the Dawgs clan members looking for a 5 v 5 . Now we have been looking for our first BF2 war for a week or two now and although this is not how we though it would be it was a start .

So first off , they only had four , then the rules of infantry only no tanks jeeps or apc's , fair enough , this wasn't a problem . Then it was the obvious , us noobs only having used unlocks for the last while had to get used to the standard guns again , and also most of us would be of the opinion that nade launchers are a bit on the lame side so we weren't used to them either .

But once we got up close to them the thing that really surprised us was the dolphin diving and bunny hopping . It seems to have been the only thing that really shocked us .

Now , before anyone replies to this , I know we were naive , and I also know that for alot of clans playing compeditively , that winning is what it is all about and that while some don't like the diving and hopping that it is programmed into the game .But is this what we should expect for all wars , is this how the majority will play . I mean if it is , then so be it , at least we will know for future reference .

Although we were well owned , we still enjoyed it and had a laugh and also learned some tactics , ie : at one stage we though we had one of their flags and there was no way they could get to us ...until they suicided and spawned there just before we could capture :( . We also made the "stupid Noob" type mistakes , ie : at one stage one of our guys was sitting at a flag waiting to cap it and told us to join his squad and spawn on him , this we did , but two of us , me included , forgot to change our spawn point to him and spawned back at the original base :(

John

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

jonski, I find that in the 2 or 3 ladders that I play in, the majourity of clans will "bunny-hop" as a way of winning. I must say that I have nothing against it. It's part of the game, not a bug, and players will and probably should do everything in their power to stay alive and help their team to victory.

In saying that I don't play in team matches much anymore because it just annoys me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Id like to see jumping completely remove the ability to move horizontially after the first jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Or just do what dod:s does...make it so your gun gets put away if you jump

Advertisement