Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walnut Kitchen

• 10-11-2005 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all

I have my heart set on a walnut kithen. Got a quote for 9K excluding granite worktop. This includes and island and a walnut table.

I saw that b&q now do walnut kitchens but I'm not sure what price they are. Does anyonw have experience of b&Q or other off the peg kitchens made from walnut? Or Advice on which of these suppliers are the best.

Also, is it possible to get islands off the peg?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

try IN-House at the panelling centre -- they are on the old santry/airport road.
    they have a vast range of kitchens there.

www.in-house.ie

you do realise that it will be a veneer/foil type door for 9K -and not solid.

def worth a look in in-house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭jack24

You could also give Cash and Carry a shout too (don't think they do anything as fancy as walnut though), they are quite reasonable. Island units are generally made from a combination of base units sized to suit you so they are quite flexible. Have seen a few posts not being over complementary on B&Q kitchens, they might be in this forum if you have the patience to sift back a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Levi25

Hi I'm in the south so dublin is a bit put of the way.

I was told that the doors would be solid? Whay do you think that €9000 not get me solid doors?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Levi25 wrote:
    Hi I'm in the south so dublin is a bit put of the way.

I was told that the doors would be solid? Whay do you think that €9000 not get me solid doors?:(

Where exactlt in the South? There's an In-house in Blackpool in Cork. As far as I can remember they have a walnut kitchen in their showroom It's not called walnut they have some other name on it

Also if you're in Cork direction you'd get a solid frame kitchen with solid doors for €9k unless it's a very big kitchen altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

There's an In-House/Panelling Centre on the Long Mile Road beside Diamond Living (where outstanding design costs a fortune, is shipped from China and takes 6 months to get to you :rolleyes: )

Think the closes to walnut in standard kitchens is their Inca. have you considered going for the ultra modern glossy finish on smooth doors? We went for it in the Naxos cream and love it (only utility done as kitchen not ready yet) but we wouldve loved to have had a house bright enough to take the red or black glossy finish cos we saw them at the Ideals Homes thing and they looked unreal. Think it was some Italian company doing them, Scavilini or something like that:

http://www.in-house.ie/product_details.asp?pro_id=311&cat=1&subcat=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

There's an In-House/Panelling Centre on the Long Mile Road beside Diamond Living (where outstanding design costs a fortune, is shipped from China and takes 6 months to get to you
    And then you only get half the units you ordered Well that happens in Cork anyway

We went for it in the Naxos cream and love it (only utility done as kitchen not ready yet) but we wouldve loved to have had a house bright enough to take the red or black glossy finish cos we saw them at the Ideals Homes thing and they looked unreal.

http://www.in-house.ie/product_details.asp?pro_id=311&cat=1&subcat=1

You went for one of their nicest kichens
    Did you go for the same worktops as in the showroom in cork (Below)?
    http://www.in-house.ie/product_details.asp?pro_id=157&cat=1&subcat=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭mikewest

Just an aside. Solid wooden doors although a very nice idea are not always the best idea in a steamy kitchen. A better option is to use engineered doors as they are less prone to warping. This does not mean using inferior (design or asthetically) joinery simply a diferent source. As far as B&Q kitchens goe they are of decent material and easy ish to put together. They also have a range of engineered doors some of which are very nice. If you are buying from them look at the stuff in a store down here, price online, collect from the north and save yourself a considerable amount of cash! Done this in the past.

Advertisement