Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get pelletized straw in dublin?

Options
  • 10-11-2005 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Where can I get pelletized straw in dublin? Like dense stones of straw. One shop said they used to have alfalfa pellets but do not stock them now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I havne't seen pelleted straw, do you need it as a litter? Alfalfa is a hay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I've never heard of it, what do you use it for?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is used for litter. I want it for gardening but cannot find it in gardening centres. I am also looking for lime for gardening and not a single garden centre I visited has calcium carbonate, this also should be available in pet shops but I have yet to find it at a decent price (usually tiny pots for fish, I want a sack of it)

http://www.forotherlivingthings.com/pages/4/14/

http://www.strawnet.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

You can buy lime in chadwicks about 10 euro for a very large bag

Thanks I will give them a ring, the word "lime" can describe about 10 differrent types of lime, each one with specific uses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

some is hydrated some is not
    It matters not when you are using it on the garden.
    Use it on the grass to harden the surface & adjust rose growing medium with it

Hydrated lime can send the ph right up to 12+, whereas calcium carbonate buffers at about 7.5-8 max no matter how much is used.

Advertisement