Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question question about Tea.

• 10-11-2005 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I drink a fair bit of tea a day and alot of water also.

Is tea good for you? I mean - does it count as your recommended daily intake of water?

Or is there evil in that little bag...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think it is fairly ok, normal tea I take it. It has caffeine, but less than coffee, so it will have a diueretic (sp?) effect, i.e. make you piss more, but the caffeine is so low it is probably cancelled by its own water. I think it has anti-oxidant properties too. Some herbal teas are probably a lot more beneficial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

And if you drink tea with lots of sugar, it kinda cancels out the "health" benefits, if there are any... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks guys.

I don't always put sugar in my tea. Just the odd time and ever then not more then a small spoon....

Advertisement