Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strongist signal?

• 10-11-2005 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey all,

Im wondering which fone would have the strongist signal?
    ( i know sim card is also an issue)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Bit to many factors need to be taken in to give an awnser to that. The signal stregnth of a handset depends on more than one paticular thing. Every network has differant degrees of coverage in the same area, as all the masts are not put up in the same place ,eg. Killiney hill, All the networks have differant blackspots around there due to its geography and placement of the masts. If its a flat place you live, in a built up area, then all the networks should have good coverage there. But if you live in the country side or up the mountains, the best thing to do is ask your neighbers what network they use and whats there coverage like.
    As for handsets, Most of them will work fine if there's a decent signal in your area. But, the smaller and flashier they are, i've found that there is a bigger chance of there being a weak signal, E.g V3 and sl55.
    Ive found that changing the sim card can improve coverage on a minority of handsets, but any fault on a sim is usually random. There pretty hardy little things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

its actually for some1 i know who works in a service area behind shops so the walls are kind of thick hence the problem, he has a vodafone and meteor sim, and waas wondering if an external aerial like on motorolas give better signal?
    Does that narrow it down anymore lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

Debbio69 wrote:
    its actually for some1 i know who works in a service area behind shops so the walls are kind of thick hence the problem, he has a vodafone and meteor sim, and waas wondering if an external aerial like on motorolas give better signal?
    Does that narrow it down anymore lol?

I think that when you build a mobile phone you must register it with some regulatory body - probably European level, with details of its power output and such and such.

Maybe you could look that way. I think its written in the manuals of phones who these people are.

Darragh

Advertisement