Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

save money on your mobile - callcosts.ie

Options
  • 10-11-2005 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

New site launched by comreg - www.callcosts.ie - calculates your mobile phone bill on the different networks and plans based on your usage and their "assumptions". Sites a bit slow at the moment but what do you think of it?

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

slow is an understatement - I'm on broadband here and it took well over 20 seconds before anything was displayed on my screen (and even still it was only a header, a favicon in my address bar_

close after 2 minutes of waiting - waste of my time really

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

same here!
    I really dislike the 'text only' view - black background with plenty of bold white text and guess what - some pictures!

In the length of time it took to to open the mobile calculator page - I managed to look up the dns of the site (thanks Michele!) then do a bit of wandering around their hosts site and come back and type out this all the way to the words 'hosts site'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

DJB wrote:
    Hi,

New site launched by comreg - www.callcosts.ie - calculates your mobile phone bill on the different networks and plans based on your usage and their "assumptions". Sites a bit slow at the moment but what do you think of it?

Dave
    A snail is slow. Your site is not even moving.
    Fix your code or whatever the hell is causing the issue. After 10 minutes it finally loaded and I closed my browser ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

It seems to be running quite quickly for me now. I don't have my phone bill handy to try it out to see how well it works but I'll try it when I get home.

Serbian wrote:
    It seems to be running quite quickly for me now. I don't have my phone bill handy to try it out to see how well it works but I'll try it when I get home.
    I gave it another try. The main page loaded after 60 seconds, but the sub-pages seem to have gone on holiday !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

blacknight wrote:
    A snail is slow. Your site is not even moving.
    Fix your code or whatever the hell is causing the issue. After 10 minutes it finally loaded and I closed my browser ...
    blacknight - it ain't my site! I didn't build it. It's a comreg site. I'd say they didn't expect to get as many visitors today as they did. It's been on the 1 o'clock news, every radio stations hourly news, breakingnews.ie, most likely the 6/9 o'clock news too, since Eddie Hobbs launched it today with them. Tell comreg to go fix their code... I just want to see what people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

duplicate post... sry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

When someone posts a link to a website in the webmaster/flash forum that is not webmaster/flash related, its assumed that the site is connected to the poster, thats all.

No need to get excited, there are other forums to which a discussion on callcosts.ie is better suited.

;)

DJB - what bazH said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

blacknight wrote:
    but the sub-pages seem to have gone on holiday !!

lmao :D Is this that thing Eddie Hobbs has been raving about on the news?

edit: loaded quite quick for me btw but it might help the coder if he did his meta tags correctly - what a mess - confused me let alone a bloody browser.. *shakes head* I just can't stand sloppy coding yuk...

seems to have been made by this place http://www.webtrade.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement