Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsoc members here?

• 10-11-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Dont know if anyone here can help, but I sent a help email to netsoc monday (the address I got off their website) but have gotton no reply. Anyone here know a better way of getting in touch?

Forgot my login details to the ftp thingy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Dont know if anyone here can help, but I sent a help email to netsoc monday (the address I got off their website) but have gotton no reply. Anyone here know a better way of getting in touch?

Forgot my login details to the ftp thingy.
    Netsoc sysadmin here.

Unfortunatly we are having trouble with the machine that hosts the lists. ops@netsoc.ucd.ie, help@netsoc.ucd.ie and netsoc@netsoc.ucd.ie are currently unavailable. See http://netsoc.ucd.ie/about/committee.php for emails of the committee.

You can email me rory@netsoc.ucd.ie. Don't forget to include your name, student number and login name.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i take it that would be our friend Zen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Heres whats really really weird. When I use the WTP thing through firefox it just logs me in no hassle. I dont have to enter a password. I do in IE.

So I now know my username but not my ****ing password. This is killing me.

Is my password stored on my computer somewhere like in the registry or some good for saken cookie.

Dont get the zen comment...

whats really weird is that this is my first time to use the WTP. How did it know my username and pasword

Yay! I dont know how my password was saved in firefox since Ive never used the wtp before, and its DEFINITLY not a password I made up. But I have my passowrd and username. So you can forget my request, but thanks for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Red Alert wrote:
    i take it that would be our friend Zen.
    No, athena actually.

Zen and athena are 2 of the netsoc machines (along with orca, nyssa, hydra and karma).

Athena was hosting the lists up until the recent power outage. We will probably host the lists on zen, or try to figure out what's wring with athena. Most of the sysadmins are pretty swamped with college work right now, so it might be a little while.

Whom would I talk to about getting a website for DutchSoc (yes we are a real society) like the one mathsoc have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

whats dutch soc?
    Full of dutch people?If so, sign me up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Dutch Gold people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

im dutch.... i could be gold if u really want. :)

Where i sign up? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Heres whats really really weird. When I use the WTP thing through firefox it just logs me in no hassle. I dont have to enter a password. I do in IE.

So I now know my username but not my ****ing password. This is killing me.

Is my password stored on my computer somewhere like in the registry or some good for saken cookie.

Ok, well firefox sometimes asks you "Do you want the values you filled in to be remembered" - and stuff is stored in its password manager. If you want to retrieve the password try going to Preferences then to Privacy to Passwords to "View saved passwords" and click on the button "show passwords" and then look up your netsoc login for that site.

Hope that helps.
    P.B.

If you'd stayed reading you'd have seen I figured this out. But thanks for the reply, I was seriously pulling my hair out over this. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

If you'd stayed reading you'd have seen I figured this out. But thanks for the reply, I was seriously pulling my hair out over this. :)

Aye, and if anyone else is pulling their hair out, they can find out how to do it :)

Advertisement