Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Vat

Options
  • 10-11-2005 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Lew

Wondering - as a VAT registered company in Ireland, how would we go about claiming that back when paying VAT on goods shipped from the UK?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Your supplier should invoice you with no VAT as you are VAT registered. You do need to inform them of your VAT number. If you have already paid VAT on invoices then you will need to claim in back from the UK revenue - a tedious and long process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

So VAT numbers hold water throughout all EU states then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I am registered for VAT in Ireland, was up North recently buying somthing not related to the company and was told i could use my VAT number to buy the item VAT free. My question was, does this come back the the Revenue in ROI?

X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Each VAT number now starts with a country code - IEXXXXXXXX

Advertisement