Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 10-11-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card as it is a bog standard one geforce5200 something like that,
    I'm looking to get something that will support the new games coming out like call of duty 2, FEAR etc,

I can spend up to about 150 euro.

can anyone give me advice on what i should buy,

(If this is the wrong forums can mod move please)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

didnt even notice there was a graphics forums. can someone move this please ,

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

AGP or PCI-E?

as been a noob to this i dont know.... how can i tell...

i'm not at my pc now but as far as i know it's a geforce 5200FX ,,

does that help at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

5200FX came in AGP and PCI (not PCI-E, as far as I know) variants. You most probably have an AGP type (open your case and see if the card is mounted in a brown slot that is aligned differently to the 3 to 5 cream-coloured PCI slots - if it is then it's AGP).

If it is AGP would recommend 6600GT based card available from www.komplett.ie from €160. If that is too much, try the 6600 - I've played HL2 at decent frame rateson it.

...Z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

your 5200fx should play call of duty 2 i gotta Ti4800 card and it plays the COD2 demo cant say for fear thought

Advertisement