Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you intend to get an Xbox 360 at launch

Options
  • 10-11-2005 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

With all the hype Microsoft are creating about it being sold out, I wonder how many people actually want one. Having played with one at a demo pod, I'm far from impressed and the software line-up has left me cold.

Will you buy an Xbox 360 at launch? 23 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Far too pricy. If I'm going to get one, I'll wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have mine pre-ordered.

I'm not a huge X-box fan though... I only got the original xBox there recently.

But I have a 32" HD TV sitting at home and I want to give it a proper run for it's money.

Are any of the demo pods running anything other than Call of Duty? I find that type of game slightly distasteful so it wouldn't interest me at all.

I'm looking forward to Kameo... and possibly that zombie game...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope. No games for it really interest me. I'll wait for the reviews and as soon as there is a must have and not PC/current gen ports or just plain uninteresting games i'll buy it. I'm looking forward to what mistwalker will produce for it and, fingers crossed, a new ninja gaiden game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Definitely not at launch. Maybe later on, when the price drops a lot, but I'm more interested in the Nintendo Revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i have mine preordered but having 2nd thoughts... no launch game that i like and i also heard that the game will cost 75eur...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

No. All the launch games look uninteresting to me.

Going by the Xbox I honesty think I'll be skipping Microsoft for this generation unless they get more unusual titles. I'll wait and see, in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

If i had the money to spare I'd probably be buying one at launch, but I don't and most of the early games don't interest me, so I won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

maybe one day when price of it and games drop. No way at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'd never buy ANY console at launch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Yep - have one pre-ordered in Xtravision, probably gonna pick up Perfect Dark Zero too. Is there a finalised launch game list yet anywhere? Play.com still have a lot of games listed for December 2nd, but is that accurate?
    I'd never buy ANY console at launch.

The original Xbox is the only console I haven't bought on launch day - I love all the buzz. My favourite launches were N64 and GameCube :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Buying a console on launch day is great fun...

I remember when the GameCube launched Game tried to fob me off with a black console.. there weren't too many left but I still chanced my arm and went elsewhere and managed to pick up a lovely purple one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I bought the DS and PSP at launch and was considering this, I like the excitement of it being brand new, but to be honest there's just nothing exciting about it now that I've tried it. Maybe when there's a few more decent games, but playing it has made me want to save up for a HDTV more than anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i wont but the older brother will! go on teh astrofool!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Just paid for mine today in gamestop, Dead rising is the only title interesting me at the minute but you have to get it at launch*

*may or may not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

how do u vote if your still undecided ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

jonnybadd wrote:
    Just paid for mine today in gamestop, Dead rising is the only title interesting me at the minute but you have to get it at launch*

*may or may not be true

yeah dead rising is the clincher for me, hopefully its good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I remember when the GameCube launched Game tried to fob me off with a black console.. there weren't too many left but I still chanced my arm and went elsewhere and managed to pick up a lovely purple one.

That's funny - I remember when I put down my deposit in Game on Dawson's St they told me the black one was harder to get so I should order that one. I did, but then on launch day I decided I wanted the purple one instead, and they happily changed it cos black GC stock was a lot lower than purple. :)

My brother just pre-ordered his 360 today - Xtravision still have unsold 'Core 360' packs + the 20GB HD if anyone is still looking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Have it bought and paid for, waiting for the warehouse to let me know when they come in!
    And when it does, will they let me have it then and there!
    Probably not!
    Couldn't say if they did anyway!
    Check all of your preorders, get them to call you if and when they come into the store, there will be many disappointed folk out there, but hear that most should get machines before christmas if not on launch day.
    Stores don't yet know what their machine allocation will be so don;t think Xtra-vision should be giving people the impression that they have unsold units.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rumours are that the xbox 360 will be lauched later than 2nd of dec

like a week later than predicted date

any truth ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement