Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

callcosts.ie - wdyt?

• 10-11-2005 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Comreg launched www.callcosts.ie for calculating the cost of your mobile phone bill on different networks and plans based on your usage. Looking to get ppl's experience (other than it going slow). Does it work? Will you take the advice? Personally I don't like all the assumptions it makes and would prefer a more accurate analysis of my usage. WDYT?

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 popstar

I like it. Not bad at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Interesting... it basically tells me that everyone is cheaper than my Vodafone package for my monthly usage patterns.

I'd be interested in hearing other peoples feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Hmm, well apparently I'm on the wrong tariff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Thats pretty handy actually i'm going to see if I'm on the tariff it suggests.

My Tariff was: € 17.05

Now it's: € 14.29

Thats approx, obviously my calls/text will vary etc, but in general it's a better tariff, cos of the 5c text bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

It says I should be with 3 on a € 35 per month tariff and not the € 50 I'm on now. Me thinks I'll be changing @ Christmas. :D Once again, we are been robbed by the likes of O2 & Vodafone:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Red Fan X5 wrote:
    It says I should be with 3 on a € 35 per month tariff and not the € 50 I'm on now. Me thinks I'll be changing @ Christmas. :D Once again, we are been robbed by the likes of O2 & Vodafone:mad:

3 dont have a 35 per month tariff:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

They only use curent tarriffs. I should be paying nearly twice what I am paying according to it!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

And they don't take into account special offers and things, such as free phones (which can be up to 100 euro and more sometimes) that they use to sign you up.

Take the website with a pinch of salt, a general quideline to lend a hand in doing your own in depth research.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Mmm, indeed. If I top up by €15 a month, I'm doing well. Yet it recommended I should be on a €50 a month plan. Now that's a saving :D

BuffyBot wrote:
    Mmm, indeed. If I top up by €15 a month, I'm doing well. Yet it recommended I should be on a €50 a month plan. Now that's a saving :D

if it told you you should be on a 50 a month plan, then you entered wrong details. at meteors off peak rate (13c, the cheapest), €15 is only 115 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

then you entered wrong details

Well no, I didn't. I think I'm well able to figure out the numbers to put in the boxes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The site does not mention Meteors older prepaid type accounts - with meteor rewards.

I don't think text bundles are open to these users without loosing meteor rewards and free texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I've just tried it. Don't know how but it was suggesting I go for plans that are more than twice what I'm paying right now.

Pfft. Can't comreg do anything right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Seems to me Meteor is the best option, its just a damn crying shame that eircom now own the company and from experience their signal in parts of Ireland sucks :(

Just camparing things and it seems the lowest 3 & Meteor offerings beat the hell out of anything the other two offer,

BuffyBot wrote:
    Well no, I didn't. I think I'm well able to figure out the numbers to put in the boxes..

i know you can put numbers in boxes. i meant that you overestimated the amount of minutes that you use. if your on meteor you can go on the website and itll tell you how many you used last month

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Cabaal wrote:
    Seems to me Meteor is the best option, its just a damn crying shame that eircom now own the company and from experience their signal in parts of Ireland sucks :(

Eircom don't own them yet and when they do it should do good things for signal. They have enough sites all over the country to be able to put up masts with a lot less bother and they've lots of infrastructure etc.

They're trying to entice people away from Vodafone (businesses) so they're going to make a lot of improvements, at least I bloody well hope so. Just keep free texts and I'm happy.

Back to the topic, I don't quite like the site really. I was stingy with the figures I gave today and it's recommending packages 4 times what I pay per month. It was recommending 8 times the last day but perhaps I overestimated.

Quite simple, 20 euro per month to Meteor is all I need. My girlfriend is Meteor also and free texts are wonderful. Calls aren't all that expensive either, I seldom notice them. Meteor rewards are dead handy too. Unfortunately new customers can't get the old packages or meteor rewards, suffice it to say I wont be changing my tariff anytime soon. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It recommends 3's Video Talk and Text 600 which looks like it definitely would save me money. Oh well. In a contract for another 7 months.

Advertisement