Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Comp problem

• 10-11-2005 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone around at the moment, im busy so dont have time to go searching. Got this e-mail from a freind who is having troubles with her comp

Having loadsa trouble with my comp last few days, but i got avg virus
    thing and did a scan and its fine, iand ive used ad aware too. its
    stopping me from using msn, and internet explorer saying its "illegal
    operation" , but only on some sites. i got that firefox browser and thats
    working fine on all sites so maybe the problem is in my internet explorer
    program. i cant find the uninstall fill for that tho so can u tell me how
    to uninstall it please?

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If FF works fine then it's IE

Illegal operation - that narrows it down to most things :(

If hijack etc.
    try spybot / spyware blaster in case AdAware missed anything
    also check with msantispyware

It could be that IE files are borked try a reinstall

If it's IE settings that are damaged then a reinstall will usually inherit the problem and you can't remove it either.

If using NT (2k/xp) then try creating another user to see if it is just the profile

Advertisement