Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAN graphic signatures

Options
  • 10-11-2005 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

What do other ppl think?

I personally think there annoying and a waste of bandwidth.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Then turn them off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

user cp _> edit options, turn off signatures :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I believe all graphics, java, flash etc are a total waste of bandwidth and everything should be pure html and text.
    ooooohhhhh baby ASCII PR0N!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It not the signatures that are a waste of bandwidth, it's most of the posts above them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

user cp _> edit options, turn off signatures :)

ahhh. cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭roamer

Cabaal wrote:
    I believe all graphics, java, flash etc are a total waste of bandwidth and everything should be pure html and text.
    ooooohhhhh baby ASCII PR0N!!!

flash is definitely horrible, most graphics too. Loads of text with the odd image is the way it should be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You can just turn them off, or if you have firefox you can disable them completely (a number of extensions do this).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

We're all going to be feeling very sorry in 50 years time when we've exhausted the worlds supply of bandwidth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Well I use re-cycled electrons so I'm smug.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

We're all going to be feeling very sorry in 50 years time when we've exhausted the worlds supply of bandwidth...

Hay!
    Don't look at me, I recycle mine :D

I download it from the internet, it goes onto my network, stays on my network for a few days then I pay the internet council the €5 fee and it goes back onto the internet again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

For me, the sig pics provide a much nicer delineation for the eyes between posts. They also help you find certain posts (yours or others) in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Rustar wrote:
    They also help you find certain posts (yours or others) in the thread.

I use avatars for that...

But yes, if you don't like'em, turn'em off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fobia wrote:
    I use avatars for that...

But yes, if you don't like'em, turn'em off.

Do you ever link a specific avatar to a certain poster? I do it all the time and I end up replying to someone completely different then I thought I was...based on an assumption :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

I believe I've even seen 2 Bart Simpsons in a row! :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think you're the first Cousin Sven I've ever seen though, Rustar...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement