Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Simon Delaney Vehicle

• 10-11-2005 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or does that new RTE show with Simon Delaney about the foreign singer guy look like a total f*ckin nightmare? Might just be poor trails selected, but if they are the funniest clips they can find, it looks like another "Upwardly Mobile". I think its called the last lonergan or something..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No!

Last Furlong

Get it! :o

I don't know perhaps it just a bad add. I fairness to RTÉ if you keep going on about their bad shows nothing is going to be ever good.

The Big Bow Wow, Upwardly Mobile, The Choose etc you can repeat naming all of them but remember for every bad one their is at least one good one.

May be it's the next Bachelor's Walk or the next Paths To Freedom or the next what ever.

But yeah it could be the next Cassidy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Elmo wrote:
    No!

Last Furlong

Thanks Elmo, thats the one.
    Elmo wrote:
    The Big Bow Wow, Upwardly Mobile, The Choose etc you can repeat naming all of them but remember for every bad one their is at least one good one.

hmmm...don't know about that tbh. I think you can count the number of good comedys from rte on one hand. Paths to Freedom, for me, was the exception rather than the rule.

You can count the number of comedies that RTÉ have done on two hands.

Comedy only

Bad Ones
    Leave it to Mrs O'Brien
    Extra Extra
    Upwardly Mobile
    The Cassidys
    Finbar's Wedding

Good Ones
    Love is the Drug
    Paths To Freedom
    Batchelor's Walk
    That 80's show about the guys on the Dole Starring Paulien McGlynn
    Apres Match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Add Stew to the list of bad ones.

Add DFTG to the list of good ones

• Advertisement

caimin wrote:
    Is it just me or does that new RTE show with Simon Delaney about the foreign singer guy look like a total f*ckin nightmare? Might just be poor trails selected, but if they are the funniest clips they can find, it looks like another "Upwardly Mobile". I think its called the last lonergan or something..

i have to say i thought it was very funny. Simon delaney was excellent in it as was the girls father and the guy who played floyd in fair city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Wasn't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd have to say I think it has potential - but I didn't really like the first episode. Oh well, horses for courses etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

It wasn't the worst ... does what it says on the tin ... Simon Delaney looks like he's pullin the piss half the time, without him this would be tripe. The girl annoyed me tho' and couldn't there have been a bit of sex, ah, suppose that's coming .. I may watch again ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

Who played the chick that was in the video on the coach

• Advertisement

There was a woman from Gelroe in the Bus.

Yeah I was surprise. Simon Delanys character could have been played by a Portuguese Actor IMO give a realistic Portuguese sence of humour.

At least he not playing the same character he always does.

I mean it nice to get a show that isn't really bad or really good, just simply alright.

Elmo wrote:
    There was a woman from Gelroe in the Bus.

blacky connors from glenroe was driving the bus. ya the woman who used run the shop in glenroe was on the bus your right.

ccd wrote:

the girl i think was the same girl that was in love is the drug and worked in the electronics shop in it. the youngest brother slept with her in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

The whole reason that a portuguese actor was not used is that Simon Delaney created this character himself as a laugh and used to entertain the cast of Bachelors Walk between takes as Diego. He is a fantastic actor imo, have seen him in various productions both as an amateur and a professional and is a lovely guy to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I think its ok, doesn't try too hard to be funny. Its watchable IMO.

Hillary Fannin of the Irish Time's called it Ill-Concived.

mmmmmm

I would agree with he but she starred in both Extra Extra and Upwardly Mobile. :(

The guy in the Sunday business post gave it an okay review

While the guy in the Tribune really really liked it, I thought it was good but not that good.

Advertisement