Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Punto Grande

Options
  • 10-11-2005 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted before!

So, what do you think of it? I think it's one of the more attractive cars Fiat has put together for a long time - definitely something to do with a certain famous Italian designer ;)

fiat_punto_grande.jpg
    FIAT%20NEW%20Punto%20004%20A4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

it looks great,can't wait to see one in the flesh;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

3-door is looking great, cool colour too

(I've something against the looks of small 5-door cars, ALL small 5-door cars)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

mondeoman wrote:
    it looks great,can't wait to see one in the flesh;)

I do like the look of it - especially the grill, but how similar are hatches going to get though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Read about this Car in the topgear magazine, They drove a Fire red one :> They liked it also,

And I like it, Especially from the rear, Although I just don't like them front light's. Looks Too european, Hard to put it into the correct words, But i dont like it from the front. But alot better car then the older Punto.

Any Idea's what the entry Engine level is going to be ? Top gear drove the 1.4 8V :( It was horrid slow, But they are waiting for the 16V version which was said to be alot pokier. But if they drove the 1.4 8v, And they were going to release a 1.2, That would be very slow.

Hj

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kinda reminds me of the golf?
    Golf_Plus_intro1_lg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

HungryJoey wrote:

Any Idea's what the entry Engine level is going to be ? Top gear drove the 1.4 8V :( It was horrid slow, But they are waiting for the 16V version which was said to be alot pokier. But if they drove the 1.4 8v, And they were going to release a 1.2, That would be very slow.

Hj

Engines offered at launch:

1.2 65bhp and 75bhp
    1.3 MultiJet Diesel 75bhp and 90bhp
    1.4 95bhp (possibly 16v?)

And more sportier ones to be offered later one.

I just received an AA magazne in the post where they have an article on the car - they like it too. The 1.3 seems to be the pick of the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most of the engines are going to be carried over from the old model. They are also planning to sell the old model along side the new one for at least a year until stocks run out. They are going to call it the Punto Classic or something.

Ford did the same with the Fiesta about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

fjon wrote:
    And more sportier ones to be offered later one.

There's plans for a 1.6 turbo, the engine will be shared with a hot version of the new corsa and will have ~180bhp. The 150bhp 1.9 multijet diesel will find it's way into it on the continent but I'm not sure if there's a market for it here.

Advertisement