Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! My mobile phone's messed itself up!

• 10-11-2005 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Here's the problem. None of the buttons are working, only the red 'end call' one. But when I press it, the phone thinks I'm pressing 'ok'. So now I can't even turn it off!:mad:

Has anyone encountered this problem before? And if so, how'd you fix it? I'm using a Sagem myV-55 btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can you turn it off and turn it back on again? Does it help?
    If not, try taking the battery out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

sounds like liquid damage to me. been out in the rain lately?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

No, I can't turn it off because the off button is assigned as the ok/enter button for some reason.

It's not liquid damage, this only happened during supervised study. I only found out afterwards that it wasn't working.

I guess I'll have to take the battery out then.

Thanks for the help. Ian.

TmB wrote:
    Can you turn it off and turn it back on again? Does it help?
    If not, try taking the battery out.

he said in his post that he cant turn it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Hate to bearer of bad news mate, but it sound like liquid damage to me. one of the main signs is when the buttons stop working. Water gets under the pad and shorts and/or switches the circuts on the actual board of the phone. Have a look at any bits of the phone that are copper that you can see. If any of it's gone green, then you'll know. I may be wrong, bring into a store from the network you bought it in. If its with in a year since purchase, they can send it off to get it looked at, if its not found to be liquid damaged then they will fix it( as long as it has not been droped), if it is they will return it unrepaired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

I fixed liquid damaged phones that have been told where unfixable by Nokia etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I fixed liquid damaged phones that have been told where unfixable by Nokia etc.

Its not that there returned beacuse there unfixable. But due to the fact that the warrenty has been invalidated and that the chances are that with time, a liquid damaged phone will just start getting 'sicker and sicker'. If ya can find of way of doing it yourself then deadly.

Andy-Pandy wrote:
    Its not that there returned beacuse there unfixable. But due to the fact that the warrenty has been invalidated and that the chances are that with time, a liquid damaged phone will just start getting 'sicker and sicker'. If ya can find of way of doing it yourself then deadly.
    It's the buttons that only become sticky and that's quite easy to fix.

It's the buttons that only become sticky and that's quite easy to fix.

proper liquid damage is when the contacts rust and water gets into the micorchips themsleves. cant be fixed with a new keypad. steam is much worse so never have your phone in the bathroom during a shower. the fact that the wrong keys are responding on his phone means theres a sort circuit which is 99% probable to be liquid damage

OctavarIan wrote:
    No, I can't turn it off because the off button is assigned as the ok/enter button for some reason.

It's not liquid damage, this only happened during supervised study. I only found out afterwards that it wasn't working.

I guess I'll have to take the battery out then.

Thanks for the help. Ian.
    Are you in Dublin? If so let me know. I'll fix it for you. I've fixed phones that have had baths, dropped in wine, phones which have been looked at o2,Meteor, Vodafone engineers which had photographic images of the liquid damage and fixed them. I've a high rate of fixing liquid damaged & dead phones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement