Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Graphics Card

Options
  • 10-11-2005 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,
    Getting a laptop for college/games. Im looking at a Toshiba with a 128Mb mobility Radeon X600SE. Will this card be able to play current games eg BF2?
    If not can you recommend one that will? I dont want to get a dedicated gaming laptop eg Dell XPS if possible due to weight and more importantly price!!
    Oh by the way the Toshiba has 2GHz Pentium M and 512mb DDR2 RAM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You'll be able to play battlefield 2 at about medium settings but by no means will the mobility x600 play any newer games at a level other then low-medium...

Also a bit more ram wouldn't go amiss if you plan on doing some gaming of that sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

any machine running windows xp needs a minimum of 1024mb of memory these days especially if you're gaming and playing BF2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Strongbad

I know about the RAM, i plan on adding an extra 1gig stick myself. Are there any laptop graphics cards that will play BF2 or any newer games on medium-high settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

if you're loaded there's always the 6800 ultra go!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

my acer has an x700 256 and plays BF2 on medium/high.
    The screen res is what will kill you. if you get one of these panels with a 1900X12something something native res you havnt a hope. My native res is 1280x800

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

i bought a laptop and is being delivered this week, it has that exact graphics card too but has 2gb ram and 1.86 GHz Intel Pentium® M Sonoma Processor with 533FSB 2MB cache and 7200rpm hd. does anyone know how this will perform on Age of Empires 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

i bought a laptop and is being delivered this week, it has that exact graphics card too but has 2gb ram and 1.86 GHz Intel Pentium® M Sonoma Processor with 533FSB 2MB cache and 7200rpm hd. does anyone know how this will perform on Age of Empires 3?

I dunno about running it at full whack, but you will be able to run it at a respectable level. The only weak spot in your setup is the gfx card which is pretty much already out of date for playing games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

thanks for the comment. its really an audio laptop so any decent spec for running games will be a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

It'll run alright, but far from perfectly. Unless you run one (lightweight) application at a time, 256mb will make XP spend most of its time swapping stuff to disk.

Advertisement