Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windoze XP not loading properly

• 10-11-2005 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Here's the problem,

I turn on my pc, log in using my password, desktop appears with icons, start bar etc but the icons in the right corner don't load up and when I try to click on an icon or the start menu nothing happens. When I open up task manager it says nothing is running. Is it totally f**ked or is there a way to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Can you boot into safe mode ok?

(Press F8 as PC boots and choose safe mode from teh menu that appears)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

in task manager
    File
    New Task (Run...)
    explorer

then use Autoruns / check for persistant network connections etc.

Advertisement