Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router recommendation for IBB Breeze

• 10-11-2005 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just discovered that the Belkin router supplied by Dell is not compatible with IBB Breeze (router has an RJ11 uplink port instead of required RJ45 port). Can anyone recommend a suitable wireless router (802.11G) and supply settings needed (e.g. PPPoE, PPPoA etc). I have set up routers with Eircom before and know my way around the settings but have no experience with IBB. Any particular difficulties setting up Breeze with a wireless router I should know about?

Thanks ...Z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I use this one with my 2Mbit Breeze.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=304347&cks=PLS

And as for the settings - the sheet the engineer gave you with your static ip, subnet and the dns servers is all you need.
    Then set your PC to automatically detect IP etc addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Thnx for the replies.

I have all the settings that the install engineer left but, does Breeze not require username and password and a specified protocol (PPPoE or PPPoE) like Eircom does?

...Z

No, it doesn't require any information beyond what's on the sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Ahh, gotcha! I presume that's because one selects Static IP Address in the router setup. I'm used to dynamic IPs and PPPoE with Eircom.

Thnxs ...z

• Advertisement
Advertisement