Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post depot for Galway City

Options
  • 10-11-2005 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

OK... say you order something online and it's too big to fit through the letterbox and there is nobody in when the postman arrives... normally, with an Post, they leave your parcel in a depot and you have to go fetch it... anyone know where the depot for Galway city is? Is it in town or is it miles away like the Cork one?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah it's out by the race course along Tuam Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Uh... is that out by the Eye somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

past it, kinda it's on the way out the tuam sligo road, near a car dealership. it's about a 30 min walk from cc

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, you go up Prospect Hill from Eyre Square and then go straight throught two roundabouts. The depot is kinda out in the country on your right as you are leaving Galway City.

Did the mailman not leave you a little piece of paper with a map on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

biko wrote:
    Well, you go up Prospect Hill from Eyre Square and then go straight throught two roundabouts. The depot is kinda out in the country on your right as you are leaving Galway City.

Did the mailman not leave you a little piece of paper with a map on?

Thanks, guys!

No - this is a hypothetical question. I'm wondering if i should get stuff i order online delivered to my house here instead of to my parents in Cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

if you've got a car ... go for it ..

if not .. I'd say avoid it like the plague ..

I always get stuff shipped to work .. as there's always someone here during working hours ... if you don't have a work address check with a friend who does ... ?? but thats just a suggestion ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I always wondered this myself. For those days when you just can't wait....Do you just walk it, state your name and they source your stuff for you? Is it open Saturdays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I don't think they open on Saturdays. But I could be wrong on that one.

The depot is out past any city bus route and basically it's a pain in the ass to get to unless you've got a willing friend with a car who will drive you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

simu wrote:
    OK... say you order something online and it's too big to fit through the letterbox and there is nobody in when the postman arrives... normally, with an Post, they leave your parcel in a depot and you have to go fetch it... anyone know where the depot for Galway city is? Is it in town or is it miles away like the Cork one?

Thanks!
    I usually order stuff my into the university, maybe you could do the same? At least then the secretary in your department can sign for it and you can play with whatever toys you bought straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As mentioned above, the depot is only open during working hours Mon-Fri and is well outside the reach of any public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

danniemcq wrote:
    it's about a 30 min walk from cc

You're obviosly very fit if you can walk that in 30mins. I'd say closer to 50 minutes.
    Absolute pain to get out to if you don't have a car. No buses go out there.
    Definitly not open on Saturdays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement