Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 recemmondations

• 10-11-2005 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Can someone tell me the name of a good mp3 player, i was looking at the creative zen 20gb but i thought it was a bit dated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

iaudio x5, dont look any further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gingerjimjim

i wasnt thinking so much a mp4 aswell, it just adds a bit of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

i was looking at the creative zen 20gb but i thought it was a bit dated
    Was that the zen touch or the zen sleek? The touch is a bit dated alright, but the sleek is probably one of the best options if ya don't want a colour screen etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

the creative zen sleek 20gb looks good to me, just cant decide to buy it or not and wheres the cheapest to buy it. dixons seems to be the cheapest. think it was €279

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bakha

I would call the best mp3 player at the moment the new sony walkman for its smashing design, correctly selected colour ranges, high storage capacity, long battery life, and good sound qualities. Anything else rests!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

I got the Sleek a wekk ago and its a very good player, you need the software to transfer music, but if you wanna just put files on it you can use it as a removable harddrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Bakha wrote:
    I would call the best mp3 player at the moment the new sony walkman for its smashing design, correctly selected colour ranges, high storage capacity, long battery life, and good sound qualities. Anything else rests!

Bakha.... longshot here, but do you work for Sony?:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sorry jimjim if I'm hijacking your thread. Didn't think there was a point in starting a new one.

I've been looking at that iaudio x5 this morning. Looks like a great player.
    I'm particularly interested in the x5L. 35 hours of play back sounds great.

It doesn't seem to be that much bigger than the x5 (14hours playback). Can't seem to find any difference in features. Maybe I'm missing something?

Maybe somebody can recommend a better player?

Thanks
    ambrose :cool:

It doesn't seem to be that much bigger than the x5 (14hours playback). Can't seem to find any difference in features. Maybe I'm missing something?

Maybe somebody can recommend a better player?

Thanks
    AFAIK the battery life is the only difference between the x5 and the x5l. If the cost doesn't put you off then the x5/x5L is probably the best player out there at the moment.

I actually decided to go for a creative sleek. Its a present, and if I had bought the iaudio, I would have kept it for myself! :)

10% discount from creative.ie when you ring them (total: €260.99 incl free del) Very odd that you've to ring to get the discount.

Roughly matches price from komplett.ie, incl del.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Can someone tell me the name of a good mp3 player, i was looking at the creative zen 20gb but i thought it was a bit dated

Can't have been the Zen Sleek must ahve been the Touch or Xtra. Get the Creative Zen Sleek only out since July prices vary from €269 - €300 depending on where you look.

20Gb/Radio/wma & mp3/16Hrs battery life/beauty

creative-zen-sleek.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

d-arke wrote:
    the creative zen sleek 20gb looks good to me, just cant decide to buy it or not and wheres the cheapest to buy it. dixons seems to be the cheapest. think it was €279

Tommy's in Blanchardstown S.C. is cheapest only €269! Go for it you won't regret it. I've one since july and I use it everyday no probs & great battery life.
    Bakha wrote:

Yeah but like the iPod its over-priced. Does it even have a radio?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

jaqian wrote:
    Yeah but like the iPod its over-priced. Does it even have a radio?

No, the Sony A3000 or A1000 do not have FM radios.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the iRiver H10. I think that's a nice unit.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Bakha I think that if you do indeed work for Sony than you should mention this on the thread as people here would want to know that.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

FYI, Creative are in the process of deleting the Zen Sleek and replacing it with the Zen Sleek Photo - a full colour screen edition which will retail for 319.99

Theres also a 20GB Creative Zen Micro (blue backlit sceen - not colour) which should get to retailers this coming week. It will sell for around the 300 euro mark.

Just a note, that I received delivery of my creative order today. Ordered Wed afternoon and delivered this morning. Not bad indeed :)

Bard wrote:
    FYI, Creative are in the process of deleting the Zen Sleek and replacing it with the Zen Sleek Photo - a full colour screen edition which will retail for 319.99

Theres also a 20GB Creative Zen Micro (blue backlit sceen - not colour) which should get to retailers this coming week. It will sell for around the 300 euro mark.
    Interesting! Does that mean we can expect a price drop on the old sleek?

Hello All.

I don't work for Sony??? I wish I did though, because in that case I might have had a chance of getting one of these players for free or at great discount. Can't one just like an item, without working for a respective company? :rolleyes:
    TCP/IP wrote:
    Bakha I think that if you do indeed work for Sony than you should mention this on the thread as people here would want to know that.

Thanks,
    TCP/IP

No I don't!:v:
    Sauron wrote:
    Bakha.... longshot here, but do you work for Sony?:v:

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Thanks for clearing that up Bakha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

When is the Zen Sleek being discontinued? Better not be before January...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nala wrote:
    When is the Zen Sleek being discontinued? Better not be before January...

This has happened already. It's been replaced by the Zen Sleek Photo. The difference is relatively cosmetic with the addition of a colour screen and a photo gallery section in the firmware. (It's basically a bigger version of the Zen Microphoto).
    Interesting! Does that mean we can expect a price drop on the old sleek?

Not really, no. It means you can expect the original Sleek to disappear. They didn't make very many of them in the first place. One of the shortest-lived HDD MP3 players I've ever seen, that one..!

The Zen Sleek Photo is out in retail stores now selling at €319.99

Still, the iAudio X5 20GB (just €10 more at €329.99) is far and away a much better buy, but stocks of it are going to be low in the run up to Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ConnD3mned

In my opinion you can't beat the iRiver H3## series. It does have it's niggles but I love it all the same.

Advertisement