Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best dsl broadband service?

• 10-11-2005 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey all,

I got disappointed today when I found out that the digiweb guys couldn't install the satellite in my place so I'm forced to use a dsl service.

Was looking at digiweb / eircom / ntl / esat but can't decide which is best.

Prices seem similar but would love to have a no contract service as I might be moving in a few months (less than 6)

2 megs down would be my preference. What would you all recommend I get?

Thanks,
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

Spawky wrote:
    Hey all,
    I got disappointed today when I found out that the digiweb guys couldn't install the satellite in my place so I'm forced to use a dsl service.
    Was looking at digiweb / eircom / ntl / esat but can't decide which is best.
    Prices seem similar but would love to have a no contract service as I might be moving in a few months (less than 6)
    2 megs down would be my preference. What would you all recommend I get?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    For the love of sweet Jesus why would you opt for a satellite service over DSL?

I understand the value of satellite in the absence of DSL, but why opt for it instead of DSL?

*This is a general question, not related to Smart's DSL service*

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Spawky

hmm well looked perfect

digiweb metro (wireless)
    3MB DOWN
    512 UP
    40ish a month

digiweb dsl
    2MB DOWN
    128K UP
    40ish a month

ya know looked superduper but im stuck with the slower more expensive dsl

who to go with though :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Spawky wrote:
    hmm well looked perfect

digiweb metro (wireless)
    3MB DOWN
    512 UP
    40ish a month

digiweb dsl
    2MB DOWN
    128K UP
    40ish a month

ya know looked superduper but im stuck with the slower more expensive dsl

who to go with though :(

Stop stressing Garfield and do a bit of research for yourself. Digiweb as you write above do wireless and not satellite. NTL do cable if you are lucky enough to be in an area covered by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

dub45, perhaps you should take your own advice and do a bit of research, digiweb do indeed do satellite broadband.

spawky, metro isn't satellite broadband. digiweb do 4 types of broadband:
    http://www.digiweb.ie/athome_broadband.asp

anyway, if you can get ntl then go with them, otherwise, i'd go with digiweb's DSL2 package.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dub45, perhaps you should take your own advice and do a bit of research, digiweb do indeed do satellite broadband.

QUOTE]

Humblest apologies:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement