Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BroadBand Still taking the MICK

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Funnily enought during the day it seems all 24 other people must be going gung ho but my latency is fine now and packet loss seems to be a steady 6% and always in the same place.

Its still unusable during the day but last night at 2am I got the full 2mb up and down for the first time ever

• Registered Users Posts: 24 barrymac

I left them about 6 months ago not for bad service just because I moved house out of coverage.

I actually liked their uncapped uncontracted service to be honest although I did have several dropouts and real dunces on the phone.

The other thing was that my ping times were usually around minimum 150ms. That's crap for anything interactive like voip, vnc remote desktop (working from home) remote ssh sessions or gaming to name but a few. Jesus, dial up modems can do better ping times than that sometimes. I did ask them abour their ping times before I signed up (seen as it's wirelss) for the service and of course they said that they were great for gaming. I saw it really as a bulk downloading service, which suits me as I run Gentoo Linux which I like to keep up to date with regular updates.

Trouble is though that they are still billing me for my closed account! Apparently one of their accounts people left with a big mess behind them and it took them ages to sort it out. At least that's what they told me about 2 months ago!

It's a pity that they are so badly organised because otherwise I like their service. I'm now moving to digiwebs new 10GHz wireless service which is pretty cool by the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

OK I have had enough of this crowd IBB.

I want to gather a 7 day log which I want to submit to Comreg. This will include phone calls made, unreturned phone calls, responses to date etc etc etc.

One of the things I also want to supply them with is a log of upload / download stats. What I am considering is gathering stats on an hourly basis for these 7 days using www.irishisptest.com and submitting the whole thing to comreg.

Is the above test suitable do you think? Can you suggest any others?

A letter was sent to IBB last week and so far not a phone call, fax or letter has been returned. To boot we are connecting at speeds nowehere near what we are paying for, and have experienced considerable downtime. High time for us to go to Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭tonyj

Drapper wrote:
    good post wookie, more complaints will pee Comreg off!! should be made a sticky imho

I complained to comreg in the past, and cc'd the company I was having the problem with.

It was sorted out pretty quickly.

I'd recommend this line of approach. As Drapper said, if enough people contact them, they'll start to take notice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

how about sending them registered post, so that they have to acknowledge (and legally as such 'read' the letter) it.

and also how about just continuously sending the same e-mail 20 times a day - they'll start wondering if everyone did it and crashed their server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭tonyj

Absolutely - persistance is the only thing that works with these companies. In fact, not just persistance, but total obsessiveness.

If a company (be it a bank, NTL, Eircom, Dell whoever) has messed me about, I just know that their customer service is going to be rubbish. My action plan normally consists of multiple phone calls every day to as many departments as I can think of, an immediate lodgement of a complaint to their complaints dept., and letters/emails to the ombudsman.

And keep a detail log of all the phonecalls you've made, faxes, emails, and letters you've sent.

Often an old fashioned letter works much better than an email. And threat of an ombudsman works wonders.

One day maybe these companies will do something about their customer service departments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Thought you all might be interested in reading this article I found. Sound Familiar????

http://www.techcentral.ie/trade_chan...ech_homes/view

I posted this into the "Collating Complaints Against IBB" sticky.

Advertisement