Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Stillorgan

Options
  • 10-11-2005 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

Are there any pubs in Stillorgan?

Only ones I can think of are The Orchard and Bolands, I have some feeling that the two of them are over 21's so they're not much use to me. Bascially looking for somewhere to head for a round or two before heading into Bondi. Might be a fair crowd of us.

Anywhere I'm forgetting or can anyone clarify the age restrictions they have there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

grimloch wrote:
    Only ones I can think of are The Orchard and Bolands, I have some feeling that the two of them are over 21's so they're not much use to me.

The Orchard is in Rathfarnham( miles from Bondi) and Bolands is in Rathmines.
    Try The Goat,in goatstown, very short trip from there to Bondi.
    Also, across the road from the car garage in stillorgan(the one with all the Opels) there's a pub.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the millhouse it the one oppsoite the opal garage. i didnt think bolands was over 21's???the playwright is a 46a away from whites cross??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

rb_ie wrote:
    The Orchard is in Rathfarnham( miles from Bondi) and Bolands is in Rathmines.

Funnily enough there is more than one pub called The Orchard and Bolands in ireland. ;-)

OP is right, Orchard and Bolands are both in stillorgan. (Bolands have changed their name over the years a few times). The Orchard is the one with the tatch roof.

TBH, unless ur underage Bolands is prob the most likely to serve you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭patzer117

Depending on where in Stillorgan you want (i.e. not near the town) you can go to the Lep inn or the Galloping Green, there are a few on the Kilmacud road i think too.

And of course the Stillorgan Park Hotel.

Then if you are a dodgy character Bondi is always there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

There are lots of pubs in the area. You have the aforementioned Goat in Goatstown, The Leopardstown Inn, The Galloping Green, 'Stillorgan' Orchard and Bolands. Bolands had that name years ago, but it has changed a few times, including to the Stillorgan House, but it has come back now. Not far up the Lower Kilmacud Road is the Mill House. You have O'Dwyers, a bit further up, though it is smaller and a more of a local's type of pub. You have the Mount Merrion House in Mount Merrion. So you have plenty of choice in the area. It depends on how far you want to go. If you are the lazy sort and only prepared to cross the road, :) then Bolands and The Stillorgan Orchard are the ones for you. If you want to walk further or get a taxi or bus, you have a lot wider choice. If you are going to spend energy dancing in Bondi, then you should have no problem walking to many of those pubs. Have a good night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭John_C

FFS if you don't know, don't reply.

Bolands will serve a young roudy crowd, the orchard will not. All the rest suggested are not near Bondi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, the age difference between the clientele in Bolands and The Stillorgan Orchard, plus the style of pub is very different. Bolands has a very young crowd. It's the kind of place that if you are over 18, they won't serve you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

i suggest Kiley's in Mount Merrion. Nice place. Best of a bad(-ish) bunch tbh

Advertisement