Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone calls from buyers?

• 10-11-2005 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever experienced this?

I've a few things up for sale on ebay.ie and I just got a phone call from an interested buyer, was distracted with a few other things and it seemed genuine enough but it only struck me after the call that I didn't put my number on any of the listings.

Am I missing something here or how did this person get my phone number??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,251 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The moment a person bids on your item, they can get your phone number from ebay. You should have got an email from ebay to say someone has asked for your contact details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

The moment a person bids on your item, they can get your phone number from ebay. You should have got an email from ebay to say someone has asked for your contact details.

Cheers for that, a bit of investigation through ebay confirmed what I never knew. Bit weird getting a call out of the blue like that though....

Advertisement