Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Who on Channel 4 in 1 hour!

• 10-11-2005 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Channel 4 UK Rock Hall of Fame continues with a profile of the Whos Greatest 45 mins - Whos Next, including footage previously unseen.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Bah curse these four channels I can receive! Tape it man ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The UK music hall of fame is terrible. The Rock and Roll hall of fame is much better. To get into that, a band or artist has to have been recording for at least 25 years.
    Robbie Williams is in the UK music hall of fame. Led Zeppelin are not.
    I do agree with the Who in it, though. They definatly deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

I fell asleep half way through the progame last night, so went out and bought the DVD today. HMV have it for 14;99e at the moment. The Who's Next isn't my favorite Who album but i'll still look forward to watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

I'm slightly confused! Which one do you have to be recording for 25 years to get into?

I'm no fan of robbie williams but i'm fairly sure he hasn't been recording for 25 years. Also Led Zeppelin didn't record for 25 years either.

Also, why should the length of time you've been recording for matter. Does that mean if you were around for 20 years and made the (universaly accepted) greatest music ever you wouldn't get in?
    By the way I agree that The Rock and Roll hall of fame is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

You don't have to be recording for twenty five years - a recxoding has to be twenty five years old. Zeppelin can be inducted because their first album was released in 1969 - it doesn't matter if they were around for twenty five minutes after that, let alone years. However R.E.M. are ineligible because their first album was recorded 22 years ago - in 2008 they can be. Nirvana'll have to wait until 2016.
    Sure how many bands have been around and together for 25 years? I can only think of the Rolling Stones

• Advertisement
Advertisement