Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gentleman start your Tellys!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bumpity bump!

I enjoyed toights prog, esp the remote control cars in the quarry.

I want one! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Yeah, another great show tonight. The remote control car thing was very funny. Really liked the piece on the RS6 though. What a car! I want one so badly after seeing that. Better than an M3 according to Clarkson...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Much prefer the M3 lookswise though. Nice seats on the RS6 all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

..... Really liked the piece on the RS6 though.
    qz wrote:
    ....Nice seats on the RS6 all the same.
    It was a RS4.

I love the M3 but I have to say the RS4 is a beauty. It will be interesting to see how the new M3 compares to it when its launched. Anyway I thought the show was good tonight, the race between the rock climber and JC was the best bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

caesar wrote:
    It was a RS4.

Whoops, that what I meant to say. I had been looking at the specs of the RS6 while I was posting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I just spent 10 minutes looking for an animation of seals clapping. This is the best I can come up with....

http://www.fotosearch.com/DGV762/891004/

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Missed the show tonight as usual apart from the last 10 minutes. Saw a bit of the climb
    caesar wrote:
    It will be interesting to see how the new M3 compares to it when its launched

Indeed, looking forward to a head-to-head. JC seemed to like it a lot, so maybe the RS4 is finally developing into a true M3 competitor! See it before I believe it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The RS4 is quality.
    I don't watch a whole lot of TV, and when I do and find a car program that's on I'll watch it. Due to the fact that I like cars and stuff like that.

TopGear is quality because they show us high-end motors, as well as low-end, new and old. They also have fun with cars, and do stuff that's interesting "like driving the lenght of Britain in the A8 episode", and "spending 24 hours in some Smart car or something".

It's not all based around Clarkson either. Hammond is funnyish, May is serious and Clarson is well Clarkson. It's great to see them all slagging each other off, and mixing it up. They all have their own style.

I thought the episode where they all bought a motor(Clarkson-Starion, Hammond-735, May-old mans two door thing) for a grand and had loads of little tests and stuff was cool.

It beats Celebrity Jungle crap anyday.

At the end of the day TopGear is great, cause it has cars on it. I like cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Really liked the piece on the RS6 though. What a car! I want one so badly after seeing that. Better than an M3 according to Clarkson...

so he says anyway, but at the minute it is a bit of an unfair comparison. The RS is a brand new car/new design, £50Ks worth (nearly £10K more than the current M3), has an extra 1000cc's and an extra 2 cylinders. Lets wait until the new V8 M3 arrives - i look forward to the comparison then :cool:

there is no doubting, however, that the RS is a fantastic car, performance and looks wise. Hey it will even do the Tesco runs weekly, with or without the kids...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nobody mentioned Ian Wright the lunatic lol :)
    That Audi was class as was the old F1 car now a road going V12 monster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

The remote control cars was the best bit IMO....it's something you've always wanted to do....oh and the flyin VXR was mad 2...good episode all round

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

ciarsd wrote:
    there is no doubting, however, that the RS is a fantastic car, performance and looks wise.
    *Stunning* car alright, though probably pointless to own one in this country.
    Although it wouldn't stop me buying one (lack of cash would take care of that), it adopts the ridiculous 'family' face of its siblings - even out-grilles Peugeot for feck sake :rolleyes:
    0507_audi_rs4_03_445.jpg

Okay folks, which one?

F430/GT/Zonda?

I'd take the Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

F430 no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Zonda

Just for the noise :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

F430, I'd prefer the coupe though

I liked the attempts to get out of the car-park

Squirrel wrote:

Broke my heart seeing the Zonda inch its way over. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

id take the ford also . but ask him why he sent his back honestly ??

also if anyone knows anywhere to dl the last 3 eps id love to see them as ive missed them . pm pls

last weeks audi was nice but i was thinking the entire way through it how would it compair against a evo 9

i liked the review on the newish focus as i already love the focus but was just nice to hear somone who knows a hell of a lot more then me about cars say its a good car .

i think the show is brillent . my gf likes to watch it and i always like to watch it even before i had a intrest in driving just because of the way it was presented .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Squirrel wrote:

You'd think that the manager would've just let them come out the way they went in in this case?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Very little noise made about them winning the Emmy. That was the first I'd heard of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jildy

Clarkson was on Jonathan Ross on Friday night and they mentioned the Emmy there also. The interview was only ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I like Top Gear, its very entertaining. Clarkson does get on my tits, especially with the i-hate-it-because-its-german/french mentality, but other than that, great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Clarkson sent his gt40 back cos of a problem with the alarm/immobiliser. He had Ford look at it 3/4 times and eventually threw it back at them. Seems to be ok now.
    I would pick the Zonda.
    Fair play to the transport guy for coming on taking the risk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

anyone know what the piece of music was in tonights show when clarkson pulled up to hammond in the red maserati?

Kinda lazy guitar music, quite twangy and slow they use it alot on topgear i think. I had a feeling it might have been in pulp fiction but after a quick check of its soundtrack on amazon, i couldnt find the song i wanted.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I recognised plenty of music but could'nt name them all, and sadly the place to look for answers is offline right now www.finalgear.com.

As for the show, I love it when they try to buy fancy cars on the cheap, I'd be demanding a refund for the Masarati engine rebuild!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    You'd think that the manager would've just let them come out the way they went in in this case?? :rolleyes:

Yes, that would have made spectacular viewing. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

mike65 wrote:
    As for the show, I love it when they try to buy fancy cars on the cheap, I'd be demanding a refund for the Masarati engine rebuild!

Mike.
    Plus the fact that it was probably advertised as an SS.

The moment where they found out it was just a badge stuck on was priceless!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

This is probably the completely wrong thing to say on a motoring forum, and a thread about Top Gear, but.....

One of my favourite bits was the guy on the bicycle (in lisbon), he was stone mental :eek:

But roll on the Veryon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

mike65 wrote:
    Mike - go out now and drain the oil out of your car. Then drive it as hard as you can on the way home this evening. Then demand a refund from Mercedes for your engine exploding. I don't think so....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'd have expected an engine rebuild to have restored a lot of the original power of the engine, but they measured it at 80bhp down from approx 190bhp (iirc). You'd also expect a lap or two of hard driving to not kill it, altough JC could have screwed up the oil change himself beforehand.

Advertisement