Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gentleman start your Tellys!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

In those type of features where they buy such cars on the cheap (e.g. the Porsches in last series) they seem intent on destroying them one way or another. Like doing doughnuts and smoking tyres I think it's all a bit school-boyish and sad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mike - go out now and drain the oil out of your car. Then drive it as hard as you can on the way home this evening. Then demand a refund from Mercedes for your engine exploding. I don't think so....

Nah I'm not going to blame JC, even he could'nt forget to fill the car with oil during an oil change!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

mike65 wrote:
    Nah I'm not going to blame JC, even he could'nt forget to fill the car with oil during an oil change!

I'd have thought so but still I wouldn't put any money on it. He is a clueless tosser, particularly with anything mechanical. He is funny and entertaining though, the programme is better with him than the old style po-faced presenters reeling off shopping lists of stats until all but the most geeky car nut had died of boredom.

Thats no way to talk about Chris Goffey!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

mike65 wrote:

I'm sure he did fill it with oil. But I wonder if those Maserati V6s are anything like the DS, where if the filter is not correctly aligned you dump the oil 1 mile down the road. How about continuing to drive as hard as he could with an oil pressure reading of zero? The man is the blurred fist, onan the barbarian, chief chicken choker and he killed a perfectly good SM donor engine. :)

God I hate that show, but I must admit to occasionally laughing (between gritting my teeth).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I want a Veyron, I thought it was funny the amount of setbacks the plane suffered.

Mansell was pretty good in the Liana

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

God that Veyron is something else. I wonder why Clarkson wouldn't get one. He got a Ford GT, so maybe if he sold that, and the SL55, and the house/kids/dog, he might be able to afford one, if money is the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

its very ugly though, the gt is way better looking.

1000 bhp! 4 million (?) to make one and they sell it for 850,000 odd. So they won't be making many then!

On the Suzuki Liana, am I the only one who thinks its the most awkward looking car? The thing appears to be ready to topple over on every fast corner.

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

qz wrote:
    God that Veyron is something else. I wonder why Clarkson wouldn't get one. He got a Ford GT, so maybe if he sold that, and the SL55, and the house/kids/dog, he might be able to afford one, if money is the issue.
    He's fairly well off, but I bet they were all booked years ago, I think they're only making around 300, probably even less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Pfft, that was so rigged for clarkson to win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Stephen wrote:
    Pfft, that was so rigged for clarkson to win again.
    Yeh those races do my head in!

Some thinking about 'races', its televison not Real Life TM

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

**** me, that car is outstanding.

At tops speed the petrol tank (100L) lasts for 12 mins... HA, brillinat.

The Bugatti is able to beat the McLaren F1 even with a 120km headstart. In otherwards the Mclaren is allowed get to 120Km before the bugatti can even start it's engine and it'll still get to 200Km before the F1. Not a suprise when it's got a 0 - 60 of 2.5 sec.

10 radiators.

400 Kmh Top Speed.

the list goes on... If I had 3 wishes it'd be...

1. A Bugatii
    3. No speed limits
    2. Motorways everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Shrimp wrote:
    **** me, that car is outstanding.

At tops speed the petrol tank (100L) lasts for 12 mins... HA, brillinat.

The Bugatti is able to beat the McLaren F1 even with a 120km headstart. In otherwards the Mclaren is allowed get to 120Km before the bugatti can even start it's engine and it'll still get to 200Km before the F1. Not a suprise when it's got a 0 - 60 of 2.5 sec.

10 radiators.

400 Kmh Top Speed.

the list goes on... If I had 3 wishes it'd be...

1. A Bugatii
    3. No speed limits
    2. Motorways everywhere
    I think you'll find he was talkin in MPH ...so you could let the F1 accelerate to 120mph and then set off in the Bugatti and still beat the F1 to 200mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i donot really like the bugatti,its looks weird.if that engine was in a lambo or ferrari shell then its ok but not thats shape:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

again, I want one also.

is there only a select few people getting a delivery of one?

btw, pld Nigel Mansell; a 1:44 in the Liana was ****ing ace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You'd need two more wishes there shrimp;
    4. An endless supply of fuel.
    5. An endless supply of tyres.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭positron

Bugatti costs about half a dozen Cesna 182s! Here's a price list if you fancy one:

http://www.aircraftdealer.com/aircraft_for_sale/Cessna_182/98/page-1.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Great the way Mansell beat the lap record and in teh process beat Damon Hill and also who did it last season? Mark Webber, a current F1 driver!!!

Excellent. I wonder how close the boat woman Ellen McArthur or what ever her name is got to Webber!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Ellen MacArthur was within .5 second of Damon Hill. She beat Webber ;) :v:
    1st: Ellen MacArthur - 1.46.7
    2nd: Damon Hill - 1m 46.3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

iregk wrote:
    Great the way Mansell beat the lap record and in teh process beat Damon Hill and also who did it last season? Mark Webber, a current F1 driver!!!

Excellent. I wonder how close the boat woman Ellen McArthur or what ever her name is got to Webber!

Just goes to show what the old school drivers were able to do without all the driver aids that were brought in in the early 90's !
    In fairness to Webber, his lap was in the wet wasn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Just goes to show what the old school drivers were able to do without all the driver aids that were brought in in the early 90's !

DRENCHED

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

disappointing that the stig didn't get to put the veyron on the track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Yeah your right actually, altough I think its fair to say it was monsoon standard, the track was pure standing water. Fair play to him though for doing it nobody else has gone for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

impr0v wrote:
    disappointing that the stig didn't get to put the veyron on the track.

Oh yea? That is weird.

I think it look savage, Very aggressive and yet stylish. Like a heavyweight boxer in a good suit.

all the cars were bought years ago. it has been delayed for about 3-4 years.
    All buyers have to sign contracts about reselling the car. So bugatti know who owns every car.

Ill be checking out wreckedexotics.com for the next while........

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I didn't get seeing the program properly. What speeds was he doing on the autoroutes?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

kbannon wrote:
    I didn't get seeing the program properly. What speeds was he doing on the autoroutes?

Didn't go into the speeds he was doing, probably wouldn't have been legal...

Again, disappointed the Stig didn't get it onto the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

What speeds was he doing on the autoroutes?

irrelevant, they could only go thru france as fast as the chase/camera car goes.... (typically a diesel estate)

Just because its on TV doesn't mean its real!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

And of course James May wasn't actually the commander of the Cessna
    and all that w@nking about with the pre-flight checks - it's a 5-10 minute job, not half an hour. And the peculiar route they had to take - before they took off they would have had to file a flight plan with a pre-detemined route with scheduled fuel stops included. There would have been few surprise diversions, if any at all. It was just TV - a plane (even a Cessna 182) would win hands down.

Advertisement