Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gentleman start your Tellys!

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

el tel wrote:
    And of course James May wasn't actually the commander of the Cessna
    and all that w@nking about with the pre-flight checks - it's a 5-10 minute job, not half an hour. And the peculiar route they had to take - before they took off they would have had to file a flight plan with a pre-detemined route with scheduled fuel stops included. There would have been few surprise diversions, if any at all. It was just TV - a plane (even a Cessna 182) would win hands down.
    It looked to me like May knew in advance exactly what route he was taking, he just hadn't let Hammond know before hand.

I do agree it's rigged though, they always managed to have a camera crew handy to get head on shots of the Bugatti, I suppose they could have been prepositioned all the way along the route, but I doubt they have that many to spare, and if it was a real race I don't see how one or a few crews could have kept up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

^that and every shot taken inside Canary Wharf would have to have been set up. Not the mad run for floor 42 it was supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Does anyone else feel that the topgear guys seem have to run out of ideas? Every week it's just a rehash of previous episodes, I mean how many "races" have they done at this stage?

Time to put Clarkson out to pasture me thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

stevenmu wrote:
    I do agree it's rigged though, they always managed to have a camera crew handy to get head on shots of the Bugatti, I suppose they could have been prepositioned all the way along the route, but I doubt they have that many to spare, and if it was a real race I don't see how one or a few crews could have kept up.

Could be a chopper skipping on ahead of him each time (doesn't apply in mont blanc tunnel obviously).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

In many of the "races" JC gets pulled for speeding, surely at this stage he could be banned from some countries for points. Actually when they link up all the police computers from all the countries... :D

So staged, can't be that close all the time, it would be nice to watch it and not know who is going to win..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Well can you remember the race with the db9 and the lads on the train. The police pulled up beside JC and as he was about to pull over they were actually willing him on to see what the car could do!!!!

Madness...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Its staged, so what????

It is supposed to be an entertainment program! My wife will actually sit down and watch it with me because it has an entertainment value even for non-petrol heads, that is the very point of it. All the other car shows are pure motoring & technical information, and are impossible to watch if you are not into cars, and if you do not understand the technical spout.

Can't you people accept it for that? Coronation street is also staged, why not pull the plug on it now that we have spotted that little revelation...

Top gear fills in a niche in the TV schedule, quite nicely, and is the only program that can appeal to motoring enthusiasts and their spouses/partners. No other program does that, and I am glad they have done it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Actually when they link up all the police computers from all the countries... :D
    I think Ireland is the only country with a policy of planning on issuing points historically when the systems align. However, I reckon this will not last long after a court challenge.

Advertisement