Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best management game?

Options
  • 11-11-2005 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Would have searched the forum for a similar thread on this, but the search function is off. It's been years since i played any football management game, and know there seems to be a few. Fm06 and CM 5..

So which is best? or most popular, and why? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

FM is far better then CM.

Why?

Cause CM turned crap when the 2 companys parted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well FM is the real CM, but they had to change the name because of the depature...but FM is still CM ... if you get me ... and now the new CM is just a spin off.

Anywhoo... clearly old CM/FM is the best football management game. As for which is the best version? I think I liked the last version before the split is best; CM 03/04 (I think that was the last before the split).

Why? Well it was the best of the old format game..most features etc. although, as with most of the CMs, once you get the hang of it, sort out your tactics, and uncover some gem players in the bargan basement, 7 or 8 CLs in a row becomes a formality.

Probably the best part of the newer games, the FMs, is they are far more difficult to dominate, but the downside is, your liable to be 3 - 0 up against peterbourogh with 20 minutes to go, and lose 4 - 3 because Diego Maradonna plays as a 36yr old left back in diguise who scores a hatrick including a screamer from 30 yards. (Yes this happend, and my point is sometimes it's ridiculos)

But as a whole, I would imagine the new FM format is better (especially the newest one with added features of team talks etc.) and more realistic, but I would choose the older version as Im still only getting into FM5, and am having more difficulty than expected, as seems to be the case with FM6 also...but only time will tell if they can ever be as addictive as the older versions...My prediction: More so.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

RotalicaV wrote:
    Would have searched the forum for a similar thread on this, but the search function is off. It's been years since i played any football management game, and know there seems to be a few. Fm06 and CM 5..

So which is best? or most popular, and why? :)

Best of the lot IMO was CM01/02.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Try the online one at www.hattrick.org . Work productivity will plummet!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

has to be fm no two ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i loved the last cm as it was the 1st one i really played, but the new one has its charms

edit: the new FM has its charms as opposed to the new cm which is tat

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm going to go with either CM03/04 or FM05.

I'd love to root out my CM97/98 for a laugh though. A ridiculously good game at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

i agree with the 01/02 call, most complete management game at the time it was just perfect

Advertisement