Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Porridge

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Limey wrote:
    Readybrek is another Hot Oat Cereal, anyone know if it is better of worse for you?

I've tried nuts and raisens in that but not porridge, I normally put a spoon full of honey to make it taste better.
    Ready brek is worse for you as it is more processed, and thus easier for your body to break down, meaning you don't get the long slow release you get from real porridge.

I make it with milk, and have it with fresh fruit stirred in, and a few hazlenuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

None of this soaking over-night lark.
    Put porridge in saucepan - what ever amount for 2 people.
    Put in enough milk just to cover it - and then a wee bit more (3 to 4 tablespoons more)
    I find light or low-fat milk best - seems to give a good consistency, better than water and not as heavy as full milk. Strange.
    Add a pinch of salt, a dessert spoon of honey and about 1/8th teaspoon of cinnamon.

Cook as normal - yum!

Advertisement