Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What mpg are you getting ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

About 38 mpg average on 1.4 Megane lately due to very short journeys to work Got 42 for a while when I was working a bit farther away
    The parents are getting 60+mpg from their 110bhp Seat Toledo TDi

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    I presume this is not an average.
    If we are listing our best mpg then mine is probable over 650 miles in the 97 523i on the autoroutes in France last year with less than one tank (~60L) - most of which was done between 100 and 130mph

I take it you meant km/h? :p

Your 50MPG is still amazing at those cruising speeds

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

unkel wrote:
    I take it you meant km/h? :p

Your 50MPG is still amazing at those cruising speeds
    erm oh yeah - it must have been km/h as otherwise I would have been speeding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

1998 BMW 520iSE - 20mpg in town and up to 35mpg on long runs. Mine is low as it's mainly cold engine stop/start driving. Normally get 350 miles to my 80 litres (town). Best so far has been 500 miles on long runs.

That said, a tank will keep me going for about 2 1/2 weeks at the moment.

Trish - Aircon can make up to a 10% difference to your economy, as do things like roofbars/boxes (extra drag on the vehicle). I always drive with my lights on, which makes, I believe, a 2-3% difference; I'd prefer to leave no "I didn't see him coming" excuses if I'm hit, though!!!

Over/Under inflated tyres will make a difference (as well as having your tyres changed more regularly!).

I put STP line cleaner/valve cleaner through my fuel about every 6 months - found that it made a difference the first time I did it.

Advertisement