Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Speeches

• 11-11-2005 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Trying out a few ideas in a piece i'm shooting this weekend.

One of these ideas is audio related and it focuses around actors miming speeches from history and i would put the original recorded speech over the actors miming.

The goal is to present this hotel where all the rooms are full of people being very active politially or nonsensically so i have 2 rooms with famous political speeches (perferable on opposite ends of the political spectrum) and the other rooms is someone air guitaring to some music and the last someone playing a computer game ( i intend to try and mix all the sounds into the room that is between these other rooms.)

But my problem at the moment is finding the right speech for each room.

So far i have Eamon De Velara's response to Churchill's speech as a maybe, its good as a deadpan speech.

Language doesnt really matter but does anyone know of a particular speech that would work as a great opposing element?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You'll only be running snippits of each interview, yea? My first thoughts are simply to have Churchills speach be the (or one of the) other ones. Athough that might set too much of a 'theme' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

thats what i was originally planning but its a pain to find the speech where he moans about De Velera and the irish free state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

One of Kennedy's speeches about the Cuban missile crisis might be good?

'My, eh, fellow Americans...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭muesli_offire

Ambitious. A Miming politico concept vid seems a mouthful in itself. I'd personally see the mime segments (if you do strictly segregate them from the rest of the hotel action ...there's a speech idea: something on segregation...autocrimitical or what! eh) as weighty (and viable) enough projects in themselves. Can work well as music video. Think Jean-Michelle Jarre did some good ones year or two ago.

anyone know any good speeches on the north, partition and all might be good for it?

i'll look into those jfk speeches (give nixon a try aswell)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

martin luther kings "i have a dream" speech

robert kennedys speech on martin luther kings death(short but very emotional)

al pacinos speech in "any given sunday"(hehe)

ok got the i've got a dream speech, just worried about the crowds in the speech and the slow beginning. But i can edit around that.

Gonna have Malcolm X as the counter speech "The Government has failed us" speech. Currently just trying to find transcripts for the actors.

Tempted to have all 4 as speechs but it will prob too difficult. (Adolf Hitler and De Velera would have been the other two)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

What about one of Ian Paisley's "Never never never" speeches?

well i did it. Went with

-Malcolm X "Government has failed us"
    -Luther King "I have a dream"
    -Eamon DeValera's response to Churchill
    -And a random Hitler Propaganda speech.

shot four to be safe but will prob only use 2. Now to mess around with final cut pro's audio features.

Advertisement