Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea Bypass

Options
  • 11-11-2005 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

When the hell is this going to open? I'm sick of getting stuck for half an hour every time I go through the town. It looks pretty finished, they just need to open it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I heard it's opening next week........I too will welcome it

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Yeah, pretty sure its opening next week but then they got to close it for a couple of hours the following week for the offical opening. You know the ones where they get some politican to come up and cut a ribbon and then claim to be the first to drive down the new road :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Woo yay. The only thing worse than having to travel through the town that time forgot is being stuck in traffic there for half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

Opening Monday 21st November.
    Martin Cullen Minister for transport to cut ribbon.

^^ Just my luck I'm going that way next weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nuke* it from orbit.

Fluffly, cuddly nukes of course - like a mug of warm horlicks on a clear Decemeber morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It's the only way to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Nice one! its a right bitch living in Loughrea with the way it is, it sure will be a changed town when I get back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Not opening til next month ... because of poor weather.

However, it will still open be ahead of schedule ... because of good weather.

Go figure.

Buckfast wrote:
    Not opening til next month ...

Ah well and there was I hoping it would be open ahead of the official date....another crawl through tomorrow night on the way to Oranmore.

Don't know why but I usually put on Rory Gallagher - Live in Europe,helps me chill ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

I was told today it is opening next Friday 29th NOVEMBER and it is putting it mildly to say I cant wait and no doubt thousands of others. Another town to be crossed off my list. Hurry up ENNIS.

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

ditto!!!

Was in Oranmore over the weekend,passed through Loughrea on Friday night about 7:15 pm and flew through no hold ups whatsoever,weird!
    It was deserted tonight at 8 pm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

It's being officially opened on Friday morning by Marting Cullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

at last, wonder what town will next be on the list of holds when getting the bus from dublin to galway. All the traffic is already backing up in craughwell.

Wonder will they ever bypass my hometown in south galway.The sooner the better

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭finlma

The Motorway from Dublin to Kinnegad is opening in mid-December too so the trip to Dublin should be a good bit quicker from now on.

Sorry to drag this one up from the depths but I just noticed today that Oranmore moves away while you are on the bypass :eek:
    At the first roundabout(Ballinasloe side heading to Galway) it says Oranmore 27Km but at the middle roundabout it's now 28Km !

Someone was dozing !

(Still the bypass make a big difference on the journey)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Oranmore moves away while you are on the bypass :eek:
    At the first roundabout(Ballinasloe side heading to Galway) it says Oranmore 27Km but at the middle roundabout it's now 28Km !

Someone was dozing !

Someone was dozing? Yep. You. When has a bypass ever been in a direct line? Of course there's a differentiation in distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Anyone noticed the dublin side roundabout is being torn to pieces?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Love that bypass. Roll on the Moate bypass...

• Advertisement
Advertisement