Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what will you have for dinner tonight?

• 11-11-2005 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of a slight variant on an old theme.

I'm gonna get me some red-meat game - boar (wildsau / wildschwein), roe deer (reh), or some red deer (hirsch).

I'm gonna turn it into burgers, with bacon and cheese on top.

Serve with a side of spicy potato wedges.

Then comes the big question. Veggies.

I could do some boiled mixed veg (carrots, sprouts, peas, mayve some broc or some cauli...whatever...all just put in 1/2" of boiling salted water with a pinch of sugar...cover...cook for 3 mins).

Or I could do a soup starter.
    Fench onion soup, perhaps.
    Or some red pepper, chilli and lime.

So what will you have this evening? And who's doing the cooking (you, a parent/partner, or are you eating out?)

jc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 foodietwoshoes

I do all the cooking because I love to cook and hubby hates to cook. He's working tonight so it's just me and the kids. On the menu: Plain boiled basmati rice with crab curry and green beans with garlic.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

that sounds delicious, i'm a bit limited for the types of meat i can get in my local butcher so i think it will be steak with garlic butter and steamed veg or maybe thai green curry or a takeaway thai/indian am a bit sick of chinese.

it will be me doing the cooking, have tried to teach my boyfriend how to cook but it doesn't ever taste the same (or maybe i'm just very fussy) so i cook and he cleans up afterwards, it works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Not this evening, but for lunch I did a stir fried duck with noodles dish, which was damn tasty! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Tonight, we're having raclette.

Its a boring-sounding-but-surprisingly-good dinner.

Boiled potatoes. Slices of raclette cheese to melt at the table in little melting pans with handles (hard to describe. google if you care) under a raclette grill, with onions/tomatoes/bacon/whatever to add to the little "melting platter". Pickles on the side, Swiss white wine (and black tea, if you like that type of thing) to wash it down.

Hardest part of making the dinner....boiling the potatoes. How bad is that :)

<edit>
    On a side note, I picked up a chunk of boar today, which I'm gonna spice over the next fortnight, then boil, and have as a cold meat for munchies and lunches and stuff. Well worth the wait.
    </edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

I had McDonalds. It was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

^^ me too!!!

tonight ill have chicken, with rice, and onions

(im so picky, no sauce or veg for me!)

Just had lovely roast leg of lamb (roasted with garlic and rosemary, with roasted veg, potatoes and gravy..sometimes the simple dishes can't be beaten! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Tonight is Channa Masala (chickpea dal)
    and some flat bread.http://www.recipezaar.com/80224

Goodfellas Pizzas for me 2nite.. should really have a look at my diet hehe

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For todays dinner, I had roast chicken, roast spuds, cauliflower and cheese sauce! Simple but tasty! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Pineapple Chicken Curry & Rice (Marks&Spencer "Count On Us" chilled meal)
    Mixed fresh fruit (M&S variety in a plastic tray again :rolleyes: )
    Danacol cholesterol lowering yoghurt

Tomorrow it's Stuffed Aubergines, perhaps with a side salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mmm tonight's dinner was Beef with black bean sause with carrots and onions.

dee-lish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Tonight I had 2 slices of toast, a tin of pineapple slices and some Tesco garden peas. Go student diet!

Tonight, I shall be having.....

Leftovers! Yay!

Did a leg of lamb (rolled in Gyros) with veg and dauphinoise last night. As usualy, did far too much. Tonight, its reheat, eat, and then off to the cinema.

Normal service shall be returned on Tuesday.

Heh. Herself had a craving for stroganoff last night, so I made that instead of having leftovers. Leftovers shall become lunch.

Tonight....Picata Milanaise. Yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

bonkey wrote:
    Boiled potatoes. Slices of raclette cheese to melt at the table in little melting pans with handles (hard to describe. google if you care) under a raclette grill, with onions/tomatoes/bacon/whatever to add to the little "melting platter".

I did google. That looks interesting. I think I might dig out the fondue set tonight.

For me it's something quick and easy with minced beef. Probably burgers with spuds or chips.

Mince, diced onion, egg, bread crumbs, cumin, coriander seeds. Season, mix, put in oven, relax.

BuffyBot wrote:
    Tomorrow it's Stuffed Aubergines, perhaps with a side salad.

Actually ended up doing a Moussaka, which was pretty tasty :)

Home made vegetable soup today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I dont no :confused: , mommy and daddy have abandoned me....
    Hahha, reckon im gonna just throw some Fries and Wedges in the oven and be done with it, lazy heh :o .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

/me rings home...

Some sort of vegetable stir fry, possibly sweet and sour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Curry. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i had a crepe which was lovely , possibly due to the fact that i myself didnt make it!! hmm.. it was quite light, me thinks i need refuelling!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

This sauce with chicken bits that's supposed to be eaten over noodles but I'm eating it over rice...

I had red pesto chicken goujons and roast potatoes! Was lovely :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I rehydrated some chick peas last night so I'm gonna have chargrilled chilli & lemon tuna on a bed of corrianderfied couscous with chickpeas.

Well, last night was boring tortiglione with courgette batons in a napoletana sauce.

Corned Beef, Cabbage and Potatoes today..a classic! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well seeing as I will have about 15 mins before I have to run back out the door for night college it will probably be a bowl of cereal for me :o

Cinema this evening (plans changed...didn't go Monday), so its off to the local for chips, onion rings, burger and a pint of Arthur's.

Hard to beat good, simple pub-grub every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

BuffyBot wrote:
    Corned Beef, Cabbage and Potatoes today..a classic! :)

Buffybot, i have corned beef in my freezer for a wee while as i'm not quite sure what to do with it, i've only eaten it a few times and loved it but i'm scared i'll ruin it any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tonight, I'm going to make pizza. In fact, I'm heading to Tesco in a few minutes to buy strong flour, feta cheese, rocket and other nice things to put on top

Advertisement