Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running technique and gait

Options
  • 11-11-2005 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I am living just outside Lucan and am suffering from ITB (hip pains).Where
    can go in the Dublin/Kildare area to get my running technique/gait checked out?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 warren t.

Catriana McKiernan is teaching people the correct way to run. I saw her at the marathon expo talking about it. My friend has taken classes with her and is amazed that it works. Its called chirunning and it stops you getting injured. He is thrilled with it. you will find the details on www.chirunning.com under instructors. Thats how my friend found her contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 El Hamos

Thanks for the reply.I have now registered to this site, therefore the name change. I am looking into these classes,looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Check with a physio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Think there's books on Chi Running also if you check out Amazon - I've one sitting at home but haven't gotten round to reading it yet...
    ITB can also be caused by running too much - it's not necesarily technique. When I had it the pain was near my knee, it's a very difficult area to stretch unfortunately so I'd definitely endorse the pysio suggestion. They should be able to give you stretching excercises for it and hopefully identify why it happened. In my case it was marathon training and I'll built up my running distance too quickly.

Advertisement