Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan car parts search?!?

Options
  • 11-11-2005 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi people, just wondering if anyone could help me out. My dad owns a 2001 Nissan Maxima V6 and is looking for some help.

The "back silencer" has just broken on him so the car now sounds like a proper America Muscle Car when you rev it up , sounds ducking great :) . But, typical old man wants to get it fixed :mad: . Any idea where he could get the part fairly cheap. He was given a quote of €290 plus vat and then whatever the cost of fitting it would cost, this was somewhere in Dublin, thought this was fairly expensive so said forget it, I'll go somewhere else etc.

Any ideas????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Try Tallaght Auto parts, I've found them quite good.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It may sound ducking great but is more than likely breaking EU noise limits and therefore illegal!
    Get quotes off Nissan, Kwik Fit, etc and also rummage around a few breakers (see golden pages under car dismanltlers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

any links would be greatly appreciated as well, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

d-arke wrote:
    any links would be greatly appreciated as well, thanks in advance

this is something you can't really do on the internet. get a copy of the golden pages and spend a morning ringing around all the breakers yards. also ring japarts who are down a back road near enfield co. meath.

if none of them can help you then go to the main dealers. motorvalue on prussia street are reasonable although not cheap.

(just saw kbannons reply - ditto!)

Advertisement