Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I dispose of a suite?

Options
  • 11-11-2005 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Guys,

Just got a new suite of furniture and basically need to get rid of the old one. Is there any place that will take old suites or will I just have to buy a big skip? they are in rag order so worth nothing.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭techie_2006

Bad timing really, two weeks ago you could of giving it to the local kids for the bonfire. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

break it down and bin it over a few weeks,...:)
    or call this lot http://www.dublinwaste.ie/ they should be able to help,...
    if your in dublin that is,..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

If it is good enough you could give it tothe likes of St Vincent DePaul. The skip is the easy option. It is easy enought to break furniture down to bits that go to waste as appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

If you live in Dublin the Dublin City Council recycling depots at Shamrock Terrace and Finglas will take it for free.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Not sure if there's been a post about this crowd, but try:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LeinsterFreecycle/

I've got rid of stuff I had hanging around for ages. Basically, you join the list, post a description of what you want to get rid of (for free) and with any luck someone will bite and come and take it off your hands. (There's probably other lists for non-Leinster dwellers).

You'd be surprised at the stuff people will collect from you.

G'luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I don't know where you live but in Waterford City the corporation will collect and dispose of it. Earlier this year I got rid of a 3 piece suite, old larder fridge and microwave and it cost €54 in total
    suite €27
    fridge €18
    microwave €9
    All I had to do was phone the corporation/council (refuse section) and they arrange a day to collect whatever furniture you're getting rid of. You don't have to be there, just put bin tags on furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm in the exact same situation. I have two suites in my sitting room :) Its like the UCI cinema at the moment.

I contacted charities etc but becuase there is no fire-proof label on the suite, they cannot take it (fair enough).

So, I got onto the council and they are collecting mine next week. Costs 30 euros in bin tags though. You leave it in your driveway the morning of collection and they send a truck around .. bye bye sofa.

Advertisement