Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin Traffic Solutions!

Options
  • 11-11-2005 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

You know, I was stuck in traffic this morning on the southside canals betweeen Harold's Cross bridge and Leeson Street and it occurred to me that the traffic on the canalside roads could be alleviated through some intelligent planning. As it stands now, there are cycle paths on both sides of the roads on the south side of the canals. Yet there is no reason why these cycle paths couldn't have been put on the other side of the canal where there are roadways that are hardly used. In fact, I often cycle to work (precisely to avoid these traffic jams) and I don't use the official cycle paths; I use the roads on the north side of the canals because there are fewer cars. If you put the cycle paths over there, then you would effectively have 3 lanes for vehicular traffic on the southside. You could then either use the middle lane as a turning lane (removing the bottleneck where people turn right into Rathmines/Ranelagh just after the Portobello light when heading East) or as a signal-controlled lane that can go in either direction.

So this is a thread in which to post your solutions to Dublin traffic bottlenecks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I heard from a reliable source that the citizens of Dublin are soon to receive London-style congestion charging. That'll stop ye dropping Tarquin and Annabel to the creche in ye're big jeeps.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I heard from a reliable source that the citizens of Dublin are soon to receive London-style congestion charging. That'll stop ye dropping Tarquin and Annabel to the creche in ye're big jeeps.

'c

I wish they would copy Londons public transport systems first, then worry about copying the revenue generating congestion charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I heard from a reliable source that the citizens of Dublin are soon to receive London-style congestion charging.

It's no great secret - it was on the front page of the Motoring section of the Irish Times on Wedensday.

It's to be introduced sometime after the full implementation of the Dublin specific Transport 21 project, so sometime after 2015.

As I said in previous threads, don't put your car in the Buy And Sell just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Yah, congestion charge is a great idea! Get the poor off those roads!

Little man, out of my way!

Advertisement