Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Informal Language Conversation Classes

Options
  • 11-11-2005 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Monday 14th November, 8pm, Forum Bar
    UCD Students' Union Free Informal Language Conversation Classes
    Right hand side of the Forum Bar (Where the food is served)
    Come along, have the craic and improve your spoken French, German, Spanish, English etc while you're at it.
    Absolutely no level requirement ; Everyone from PhD students to absolute beginners welcome.
    More information : Jane Horgan-Jones, Education Officer, 086 8375219

Let the abuse commence, I suppose. :confused:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

no abuse :v: sounds like a good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Poor vainglory must b hard to an SUofficer with all the abuse ye get here!!
    I think its a good idea and may even pop along!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Please do :)

I haven't had much time to advertise it ; just back from postering in the horrible rain. All the international, Erasmus and exchange students got an email about it though so they'll be along to improve their English while you lot (including me) try out our bogey school-level French/German/Spanish etc on them.

Maybe it could be a "sub-Boards Beers" event. And you could all see that I don't have devil horns and a forked tail too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Damn the SU!*

*Actually I agree this is a good idea.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

we don't bite ya know jane... well not usually anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Vainglory wrote:

etc...

This is the kind of stuff you lot should be concentrating on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hear hear pythia!Is a great idea but since all i can remember is J'ai perdu mon legumes in french and mein vater is dich in German i think i might struggle with a fully fledged conversation en francais and in deutsch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

this sounds excellent! BasIcally id love to go To get the pissed ripped Out oF me in GErman or frEnch and then vice versa! Think this should be another boards beers! U can tell by my influx in posting that im doin too much work! Dyin for a good night out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Hmm although a small cat sucking a mango while speaking French would be better than my French that has degraded TERRIBLY since the leaving I might give it a shot, miss being semi-able to speak another langauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds like fun :)
    Haven't done French since I was in school, though I'm doing Japanese level 2 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anyone go to this in the end?

Advertisement