Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What in the Hell is Wes Craven up to.........

Options
  • 11-11-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

So last night I sit down to watch Red Eye. Having no preconceptions of what the film was about other than the fact that it had brown sause tea man Cillian Murphy. So when I saw Wes Craven`s name as director I was naturally expecting it to be a horror, so I rubed my hands in glee. But it wasent It was just an average thriller on an airplane, with mr. murphy as the bad guy. I was expecting Wesly snipes to jump out of seat 57 and kick his ass.
    So has Craven given up horror for good. I know that wolfy film Cursed got terrible reviews but I dident think it was all that bad. I know cravens career has blown hot and cold and at the moment of cursed he was surly in a cold spell but is this reason enough to give up, so what the hell is Wes Craven up to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thought Red Eye and Cursed were both awful to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well Id heard nothing about red eye and had no expectations so just thought it was all right. When I say how badly Cursed reviewed I thought it was going to be the worst thing ever and as a result thought it was all right. But i still cant believe WC is giving up horror films or was red eye just an expirment for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

But i still cant believe WC is giving up horror films or was red eye just an expirment for him.
    An experiment. He never wanted to be a horror film director, he just got pigeon holed after his first couple of successes. I'd like to see him trying a few different things... Stretch his creative muscles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well his next flick is a romantic one set in paris. I think im gona puke.

A nice romantic movie set in paris that degrades in to a Zombie blood fest would be better I think.

Craven has done other genres before. Anyone remember Music of the Heart. Cursed was'nt bad, and Red Eye had it's moments but Craven has'nt made a decant film in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement