Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THAT goal that Giggs scored against arsenal?

• 11-11-2005 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a video of Ryan Giggs' goal against arsenal in the fa cup semi final in 1999?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It was on Sky One last week... topped the "100 best goals scored by Man Utd" poll.

* looks in eirebhoys diection...

Not a Man Utd fan, but that was one of the most amazing goals I've ever seen... just remember gasping and nearly dropping my pint watching it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

eirebhoy wrote:

amazing.... and that goal aint half bad either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

whiskeyman wrote:
    amazing.... and that goal aint half bad either...

Loved Patrick Vieira's assist especially... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

still gives goosebumps, loved the panning over the crowd :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

jeepers,that was one of my favourite united matches ever! beckham's goal, keano's sending off, schemichel's save in injury time off bergkamp's pen and then giggsy's magic!

besty wrote:
    jeepers,that was one of my favourite united matches ever! beckham's goal, keano's sending off, schemichel's save in injury time off bergkamp's pen and then giggsy's magic!

Not to mention Phil Nevilles ridiculous tackle for the penalty! Was a great game alright, had pretty much everything in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

[Me tries not to get emotional]

Football can be so cruel sometimes. Arsenal within a kick of FA cup (Newcastle were a poor team then, well they still are ;)). Poor ol Bergkamp, that penalty miss shattered his confidence.

If Arsenal won that game I have no doubt that they would have gone on to win the league aswell.
    Would Utd have scored those 2 goals in the Nou Camp? Not a chance.

Hell even fergie said that Arsenal were the best team they played all season, including Munich and Juve. This was backed up by a UWS poll of supporters saying that Arsenal were the best team Utd played in the 98-99 season.

"Football bloody hell!!"

Not a bad goal either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

legendary game you s:D till cant beat watching the video of the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

what a great goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

jank wrote:

Football can be so cruel sometimes. Arsenal within a kick of FA cup (Newcastle were a poor team then, well they still are ;)). Poor ol Bergkamp, that penalty miss shattered his confidence.

If Arsenal won that game I have no doubt that they would have gone on to win the league aswell.

Hell even fergie said that Arsenal were the best team they played all season, including Munich and Juve. This was backed up by a UWS poll of supporters saying that Arsenal were the best team Utd played in the 98-99 season.

"Football bloody hell!!"

Not a bad goal either ;)

Oh what a load a cr ap in all fairness!! Your saying if Bergkamp had scored that peno United would have won nothing that season instead of winning the treble. All cause of one goal! Another sour arsenal fan perhaps? Arsenal may have been the best team that united played that season but so what,they beat the best team they played. 98-99 get over it!

By the way, Sky One 20.00 The 50 greatest goals scored against United. I'm sure there will be plenty rival fans lovin it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

While i dont agree with Jank on that fact, it might have changed things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

jank wrote:

"Football bloody hell!!"

Not a bad goal either ;)

Would have thought that someones goal vs Pool in the january fa Cup game was their most important that season (the whole never give up and keep trying to score thing they had going) but your a blinkered/bitter arsenal fan so you must be right.

/Enter Utd fan to name that player who scored the goal vs pool......

kdjac

I support blackburn, but i believe the scorer was Solskjaer( or however you spell it, hehe )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I cant get that to work.

I support blackburn, but i believe the scorer was Solskjaer( or however you spell it, hehe )

It was indeed, remember it well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I cant get that to work.
    You'll find it here.

If that doesn't work, go here and click on "Giggs goal of the year". That will take you to the Download page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

whiskeyman wrote:
    It was on Sky One last week... topped the "100 best goals scored by Man Utd" poll.

* looks in eirebhoys diection...

Not a Man Utd fan, but that was one of the most amazing goals I've ever seen... just remember gasping and nearly dropping my pint watching it...

remember stevie mac did pretty much the exact same as gigs twice in the one season a good while back for pool... vs celtic and then villa

that was one of the best goals ive ever seen!a pure fluke though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

that was one of the best goals ive ever seen!a pure fluke though!

And how do you come to the conclusion it was a pure fluke?

Are you trying to tell he was trying to cross the ball when he took the shot? :D

• Advertisement

nah, he never would have scored apart from Vieras great assist is what he means! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

KdjaC wrote:
    Would have thought that someones goal vs Pool in the january fa Cup game was their most important that season (the whole never give up and keep trying to score thing they had going) but your a blinkered/bitter arsenal fan so you must be right.

kdjac

What can I say to that? At the time the press were really hyping up this "treble" talk but it was only after that match that people actually believed they could pull it off....:confused::confused: I dont know I remember hearing lots of Utd players saying after the season that they felt that was the turning point of the season. Keane made a comment on it in his book AFAIK. But your a blinkered/bitter Liverpool? fan so you must be right.

All im saying that the line of success and failure in football is razor thin.

Advertisement