Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ever happened Eircoms Amber thing

Options
  • 11-11-2005 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Was just reading more woes about Eircom and broadband and recalled an Amber oinitiative from Eircom a while ago thats seems to have fallen off the map.
    I think it involved garaunteeing broadband to those within 6KM of an exchange

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nothing much, I only ever heard of two lines that passed after amber but that could have been a dry period in the summer where the lines finally dried out and stopped shorting out.

Its meaningless, no pairgain removal will be done and no line checking from the customer in to the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭badrobot

Yeah, I called Eircom to be signed up for this, and, as always, they never got back to me. I haven't heard anything about it since, and they have nothing about it on their website, apart from press releases.

Another PR stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Why not read the other threads on this instead of starting a new one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

FX Meister wrote:
    Why not read the other threads on this instead of starting a new one?

Thanks for your reply. useful as it isnt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

there seemed to be a surge in eligible lines since around the announcement of amber lines, including my own which was failing for years previously, the esat person on the phone mentioned it was an amber line aswell
    it's all completely untransparent though, so who knows :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

JimmySmith wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. useful as it isnt
    If you had a bit of cop on you would see it's very useful. As this has been asked in multiple threads you could easily have looked in one of those and found your answer. Instead you just asked the question again and you have to wait to get an answer. By the way, love you spelling of "oinitiative" and "garaunteeing"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

FX Meister and JimmySmith if neither of you can be polite, then face the consequences (as outlined in the forum charter). The former much more so than the latter, BTW.

.cg

Advertisement