Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladybirds

Options
  • 11-11-2005 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭

I recently noticed a cluster of about 10 Ladybirds living in my bedroom. They are clustered together where the wall meets the ceiling. And they don't do anything apart from make very slight movements occasionally which is only evident in changes to the formation of their cluster.

I was wondering if anyone knows why they are doing this as I've never heard of it before. I don't think they are siblings as they vary in size and colour. Are they hibernating? But I don't think I've ever heard of ladybirds doing this. I don't want to disturb them but I'm moving in a few weeks and I don't want them to end up inside a hoover.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I'd put them outside tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

Yes, they are hibernating, you should normally leave them undisturbed but as you will not be in your house during the hibernation period and where they are is probably too warm for them (hence the movement occasionally) would suggest that you move them, try to find a cool dry sheltered place, if they are the "Two Spot" species try to find them a spot in a shed or tree trunk, if any of the other species, Seven to Fourteen Spot, put them near the ground in some old dry foliage.

Advertisement