Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Path of neo : MUST READ TREAD

Options
  • 11-11-2005 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

guys,

To let everyone know the new matrix game: PATH OF NEO is infected with the NATAS.MP virus, even tho it does nothing you will have to disable ur virus protector to install the game.

Also the specs on the atari website for the game are wrong. Specs are as follows:

Pet 2ghz or AMD athlon 2Ghz or higher (not 1500+ or 1.5 ghz Pet)
    512MBS Ram (not 256mbs)
    HDD 6 GBS (Not 1)
    Also above the following GPU's
    nVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 9500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

thread*

You sure its not just a false positive? What virus scanner you using? Seen it reported elsewhere?

Where you get those min specs from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

eh did you buy it legally?? or is this virus from a downloaded version?
    edit://some info on natas virus

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So a glitch in the Matrix then?

*runs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

*runs*

Oh god ........

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Just to let everyone know, the Op is prolly a bit of a tool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

*runs*

Class .... post of the day,

:v:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

SO i was playing this for the PS2, around 10 min.
    I think its awful, its like those Lord of the Ring games, where the make you sit throught cut scenes and follow exactly how the movie went, without letting you do anything, PRESS 'O' to this, blah blah. Its very tutorialistic, i think, ive only played 20 min or so though, maybe it gets better.
    It starts off awful, they try to give you the NSF:Underground type effect, to get best feel of the game as your start off, but its doesnt go well.
    I dont think it matches graphic/movement[feel] wise to Enter the Matrix,
    graphics are dodge.

I dunno, i thought it would suck me in from min 1.
    i was dissapointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it was the ps2 tho...try the pc [or xbox :p]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i have it on ps2 and a mate of mine got it on xbox and downloaded it (omg illegal!#@!) on pc to see what the controls are like. xbox vs ps2 first, graphics are no different, but i couldn't get to grips with the controls on xbox (not that it's better on ps2, just used to the ps2 controller). you have to create a "claw-like" shape to get full effect.

pc is an absolutely awful event. they could have beefed up the graphics and control system, but no, it's a stock console affair...

also, i stopped playing yesterday because the tutorials just never end. i want to fly dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

ign review wrote:
    Because once you've made it past the dry and uninspired instructional areas, things really begin to pick up (and pick up fast) and that's when Path of Neo's more impressive elements come to light .

According to the IGN review the tutorials are the worst part and it gets better. How much better, I don't know, as I haven't played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

never ending focking tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Just to warn anyone that was thinking of getting this game to see the new ending, don't bother. It's a complete piss take, utter SHlT. Here is the ending, if you want to see for yourself.

http://media.putfile.com/ending-part-1
    http://media.putfile.com/ending-part-2
    http://media.putfile.com/ending-part-3

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

This game is brilliant. I guess I was fortunate enough to access easy mode by completely messing up the very 1st tutorial.

When you get past the tutorials it gets savage.

The pillars lobby / guards fight level is absolutely brilliant when you get to it and most levels after it are brilliant too. Im about half way through the second film and when you get to grips with the controls it AMAZING the stuff you can pull off.

Well worth the money imo. The graphics at first seem pale in comparison to ETM but thats cos you're not pulling off the special moves - when you start seeing the world in code whilst flying through a level and bulldozing tonnes of guards with effects going off EVERYWHERE you'll be impressed.

Advertisement